Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 86 200sx and the cylinder jug will not move i hit it with a mallet and soaked it in blaster it will not move at all the head is completely off what other tricks are there?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the 200sx, but make sure you're not overlooking any bolts. Did you try soaking it overnight with the penetrating oil. Spray around the base of the cylinder jug and down around where the bolts come up through the top.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Is the piston stuck in it or is the base stuck down?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
pour Coke on it....don't laugh and don't knock it until you try it. coke is pretty harsh. LEt it sit overnight and try it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make good and sure you have all the nuts off, hidden bolts have lead to the destruction of many a good head!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Agree^^^^^^^^^^!!

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
yup..check all bolts..around outside of base..more than likely..you missed one bolt...you would be amazed at what one nut or bolt will stop you from doing !..lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its stuck to the base- Thank You - what about Pepesi?-I looked and looked for hidden bolts the manual says its just the 6 head bolts on studs going through the jug into the case holding it and the studs can stay in the case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try WD40 down in the stud holes. Let it sit overnight and start tapping on the sides of the jug near the top, alternating sides and front and rear.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, and you may have to tap it pretty hard. Just try not to break any of the cooling fins off.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
You see what coke will do and you kind of wonder.Whats that doing to my insides.lol

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah it'll eat through about anything.Including your teeth.If you've ever drank it and not brushed your teeth all day man you can feel it eating at them.Great stuff.LOL

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah add some battery acid to an already acidic stomach.Thats a good idea.lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts