Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,665 Posts
What brand pistons and rings are ppl using?
I get Shindy from G+H , they also do the boring to fit if you mail the jug to them , for right under $200 you get the bore , piston , rings , and upper gasket set with the return shipping included -------Gulf Coast Miss = Canal Road ? !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
---Gulf Coast Miss = Canal Road ? ![/QUOTE]

Thanks yall, sounds like a good idea @ G&H

A little east of there fishfiles, in ocean springs

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found some oem ones shindy a great also

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found some oem ones shindy a great also
I would love to find some OEM pistons and stay stock but I want to bore the cylinder and start fresh so I can take care of the motor myself and know everything about it. I haven't started removing the motor yet. I guess I'm not done riding it, the new hasn't wore off yet lol.

I changed the oil a few weeks ago and it started smoking. Didn't really smoke before the oil change but now it's like it's on fire lol. I did use the correct type of oil for atv's. I couldn't find Valvoline racing for atv's anywhere. So I used regular atv valvoline. When I checked the oil level, I didn't screw the dipstick in, just pressed it to the threads, that is the correct way to check the oil level, right?

Anyone know where that link is to the page where the guy had a list of everything needed to completely overhall the whole motor? I believe he even provided part numbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get Shindy from G+H , they also do the boring to fit if you mail the jug to them , for right under $200 you get the bore , piston , rings , and upper gasket set with the return shipping included -------Gulf Coast Miss = Canal Road ? !
How do I find G+H are they still doing this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do I find G+H are they still doing this?
I just utilized G+H's Cylinder Bore Service for my 87 Honda Foreman. I pulled my cylinder, cleaned it up, then shipped it off to them. They sent it back, bored, honed with a full gasket kit, a dome piston, rings matched to fit. I just got my bike put back together a few weeks ago. It runs great. For the money G+H's service is awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just utilized G+H's Cylinder Bore Service for my 87 Honda Foreman. I pulled my cylinder, cleaned it up, then shipped it off to them. They sent it back, bored, honed with a full gasket kit, a dome piston, rings matched to fit. I just got my bike put back together a few weeks ago. It runs great. For the money G+H's service is awesome.
what state? town? is this in so I can look them up

·
Registered
11 Posts

Above link is their website. There is a phone number listed on there. I believe they are located in Tennessee.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Above link is their website. There is a phone number listed on there. I believe they are located in Tennessee.
Thank You

1 - 11 of 11 Posts