Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I have a 1000 pioneer that will up shift normally through all the gears but will only do it once ?? The paddle shifters will will work at all times up and down through all gears. The bike will down shift normally on its own with out the assistance of the paddles and it will only up shift once unless you shut the bike off and re start then it will up shift through all gears again but only once.....so on and so on

Do these engines use different sensors for the auto / paddles ?? Im guessing the systems are different from each other ??

I don't have access to a computer without a 1.5 hour drive so that will be my last resort just looking for someone that knows more about the tranny system on these engines and or some testing procedures

thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Isn't this machine still under warranty? You sound remote, but I would like to think that whoever you purchased it from would at least provide technical assistance via the phone. Or call Honda USA. I wish I could provide some info myself since I sympathize with your situation.

Honda has the reputation for reliability and IMO you bought the right machine for being remote, but Honda owns it to you to help you resolve your problem for sure. I hope you have telephone service available - start bugging Honda. Sometime give this forum an update.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Check the grounds, they have had some that were loose from factory and caused weird issues,

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Check the grounds, they have had some that were loose from factory and caused weird issues,
Agreed, good just to check every electrical connector that you can. One at a time. With these DCT transmissions, especially in Auto mode, they rely on a lot of sensors to know when to shift. All it takes is one bad sensor connection to throw it all off.

If you can pull diagnostic codes after seeing the issue, try that too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
wheelsquad
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing