Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, my wife seen a recon like hers but with pink racks and has to have pink racks now. last weekend I pulled them off lightly sanded them and will begin painting them this weekend (if it is warm enough). my question is, since i'm doing that I thought I might as well go all the way and add pink decals and grips as well. BUT I cannot find any anywhere!!! does any of you guys and gals know where I can find some? I have not looked for the grips but pretty sure I can find them. BTW it is a 2014 Honda Recon. thanks

· Registered
555 Posts
Don't know what color her quad is but there is a company called AMR graphics (American Racing Graphics) and they have some vinyl graphics for various machines. I know that they do offer kits for Recons, I saw one that was a dark background with Pink butterflies, might be worth a look. FF

· Registered
555 Posts
rwcreigh here is the link if you want to take a look. https://www.amrracing.com/catalog/a...rtrax-atv-quad-graphic-kit-2005-2014-439.html

I put a couple of these kits on my Ranchers (Not the pink Ones) and they seem to be holding up well, make sure you use the 3M primer as it really helps the vinyl to stick to the plastic, and one small 8oz. can will easily do the whole machine. I almost got two machines primed with one can, borrowed an oz. or so from my neighbor to finish up the second machine

Attachments

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rwcreigh here is the link if you want to take a look. https://www.amrracing.com/catalog/a...rtrax-atv-quad-graphic-kit-2005-2014-439.html

I put a couple of these kits on my Ranchers (Not the pink Ones) and they seem to be holding up well, make sure you use the 3M primer as it really helps the vinyl to stick to the plastic, and one small 8oz. can will easily do the whole machine. I almost got two machines primed with one can, borrowed an oz. or so from my neighbor to finish up the second machine
I seen those but a am really just looking for just the decals. are they hard to put on right? I suck at that kind of thing as I have zero patience!!!

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
those would work if I had a ebay account. I had a problem years ago with them letting some company clean out our account. yes they made good and refunded it months latter but afraid to use them again. they even sent out a code generator thing. thanks anyways.
make another ebay account in your wifes name perhaps ?. I've had an ebay account for many years, never had a problem with theft. you can also contact them directly , and pay them over the phone with a credit card or paypal I bet :).

· Registered
555 Posts
Rwcreigh,
You know, it really wasn't that bad, if you have your wife help you separate all the pieces and get them laid out. Then prepping the plastics by scraping down any scratches or ridges then foam brushing the 3M primer on. When starting the application just make sure you have a spray bottle with a touch of dawn dish soap in the water and spray the plastic and the back of the graphic. If you don't get it lined up the soapy water helps you be able to move it or pull it back off. Once it's lined up I used my fingers to force the water from underneath the vinyl. I also had a heat gun (not a hairdryer) to help form the vinyl for the little tighter corners and bumps, it heats it up and makes it pliable to form around things easier. It does take some time but I think it looks great and seems to be holding up wonderfully. Good luck in what ever you decide. FF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.