Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Windows versions are a lot more insidious and disgusting than you might realize. Apple stuff certainly is too... both SHOCKINGLY so. You are turning your back and walking away from them justifiably. But now that you are free ya gotta cut your own path. You'll learn more in your first year than you'd be allowed to learn in 60 years otherwise... if you are determined.

Keep in mind that Linux is just a kernel. The supporting applications, scripts (and desktops) are what make up an operating system, AKA Distribution or Distro. Also keep in mind that the parasites and their directed rat packs have been taking over (and founding) open source projects for over two decades now. And yes, they infest the kernel code as well. But with freedom... responsibility is the word of the day. Everyday. So its your responsibility to clean up after them if rigidly principled and serious about your freedom.

Once you learn the technical aspects and gain a few basic programming skills you'll be able to roll your own kernels and compile them from source, leaving out (or crippling) the parasitic bits and pieces that the directed rats put in there. Linux can be made lean and mean and rip, or bloated and spywares laden. Someday those choices will be taken away from us as well.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
picture attempt

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
picture attempt
that picture was from the full skin... i used the attachment button with classic.
i dont see drag an drop.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
i have thought as much. ^^^^ i'm using classic as of the past weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
For classic skin, hit "Go Advanced" to get to the full editor then use the attachment manager (paperclip).
ah will give this a try.. thanks goose

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
picture size in album an such

tried to get three shot in album.. i converted in windows from jpeg to png, with a photo resizer. i made em way to small. they were 2.2 MB, an i got em down below 20KB.. at least i got to the album.
i have to go back to windows to get the name of the photo resized. i thing its breakstone photo resizer. be right back
no, it was faststone photo resizer. when i got it, it was free for windows. now to delete the album, an start over. these pictures will be for the rebuild carburetor thread eventually. i just cant remember how to label, been a while..

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
I usually use Paint, since its installed on all Windows systems.

When viewing your album, there should be an "Edit Album" button where you can change the title of the album itself. So you could label it "Carb Rebuild" or whatever its based on.
i deleted 1st attempt, till i can improve it.. when i try again, we can go from there. i do have windows, an also linux.
faststone photo resizer is easier for me with XP, then i put pictures with thumb drive, in linux, as i think linux is more secure. now to find the linux version, of faststone resizer. course,, i aint quite right anyway.., an have to take the long way around.
add on;; i think i already have it, ImageMagick.. have to explore it

·
Premium Member
12,466 Posts
I finally realized what this thread is about , the size of the pic that gets posted as a preview ?????

I have often wondered myself how that works , some people post pic so big that you have to scroll down the page to see the whole pic and others are so small even after clicking the pic to view full sized

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Posting multipul pics

Agrivating junk ipad! I uploaded 4 pics, watch...Just one will load...you ipad users out there....( AND I KNOW Y'ALL ARE HERE ) cough it up, what am doing wrong ??? Maybe some money in it ....for ya...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Agrivating junk ipad! I uploaded 4 pics, watch...Just one will load...you ipad users out there....( AND I KNOW Y'ALL ARE HERE ) cough it up, what am doing wrong ??? Maybe some money in it ....for ya...
ahhhh, if i can help, your friendship, is more that enough, for me..

·
Registered
613 Posts
Wilson, Pic is perfect on my screen. Size shows about 400 KB. For me, don't change a thing. :)
Not sure why you can only upload 1 photo at a time. Haven't used a iPad in several years. But, I do remember the iPad was picky about photo management and I used Photobucket to link to photos in forums. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I finally realized what this thread is about , the size of the pic that gets posted as a preview ?????

I have often wondered myself how that works , some people post pic so big that you have to scroll down the page to see the whole pic and others are so small even after clicking the pic to view full sized
its more about the picture, that makes it to this site.. just saying. i still have trouble with lubuntu, thats on me, as not understanding, lubuntu, as yet. a different ballgame, from windows. mac=apple, another game, i dont want to know as of now.
i do just well with, with out, running my forhead into solid objects. apparently, i havnt escaped this faction of my life, as yet. i should ave took a picture of my last goose-egg. then i'd ave to figure how to post it. :grin

41 - 60 of 133 Posts