Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted a couple of attachments here. i reduced them from over 1MB, to under 62 KB. how small of KB or MB do you need, to post a picture?

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Hopefully this helps

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
thumnail to full size

View attachment DSC_0343.jpg

I can link full size images w/out issue, they just appear as a thumbnail until you click on them. This photo was 6016x4000 9.42 mb *.jpg i think the forum reduces them down automatically?

·
Registered
463 Posts
That image is well above the forum standard so you are correct, the image will be reduced down in dimension and changed to a thumbnail.

However, I was making mention that sometimes the forum will give a security token error when viewing images in which case the images need to be reduced to bypass it.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Depending on file size or dimensions,token"
What specific issue were you having
i wasnt having a problem as yet.. i was more worried about posting a file that was too large.. you can reduce the bites in pictures, and still have a good picture. i probably could reduce the pixel size on my camera. it would make more storage room, on the memory card, and also make it easier to upload. just a theory on my part. //Ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 117170

I can link full size images w/out issue, they just appear as a thumbnail until you click on them. This photo was 6016x4000 9.42 mb *.jpg i think the forum reduces them down automatically?
i havent heard that or read this. that in of itself helps.:big-grin

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, I was checking to see if this was an upload issue as a lot of members get the generic security token error and get confused. Glad to see its all good here.
i had a problem posting "grettaturrtlesprite" in forum; Around The Garage > just some pic, date 3-20-2018, 12:44..
i had to reduce it in size, before it would work. i didnt receive any token warning.. i do use this site with no-script, an adblock plus.. its a lack of trust issue, with those that plant cookies to get info from me, not this site.. i aint got nothing to give them anyway, but still, i am not fond of big brother, or corperate interest, nor sites that are politicaly moviated, including search engines. i am a supporting member now. do i have an picture album? if not, i see why posting pictures there would not work.. just a thought. //Ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 of the pictures i was having a problem with was a tiff. file.. . if you right click on it,, i have single click for right, instead of double click, and, save as,, you just scroll down to JPEG,, then your done.. as far as my album, if i have that, thats a different subject. //Ed

·
Registered
463 Posts
All members have access to the albums and Garage. When you open Gallery, click "Add Album", the garage is similar. You can then link the images from there.

TIFF is not a valid image file recognized by the forum, as noted in Bryans screenshot. They will need to be one of the valid file types to post correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i found out how to change tiff to jpeg. and will work on the album thing. thanks much

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i found out how to change tiff to jpeg. and will work on the album thing. thanks much
i changed TIFF to JPEG by,, open Tiff file picture,, Rt. click,, save as,, then scroll the the file format you need, i needed JPEG. thought someone else might find this useful //ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All members have access to the albums and Garage. When you open Gallery, click "Add Album", the garage is similar. You can then link the images from there.

TIFF is not a valid image file as noted in Bryans screenshot.
it didnt say valid images, in the screenshot. sometimes i need some help, as my brain has been atrophied. //atrophy ed :smile

·
Registered
463 Posts

TIFF is not a valid image file as noted in Bryans screenshot.
it didnt say valid images, in the screenshot. sometimes i need some help, as my brain has been atrophied. //atrophy ed :smile
Not sure what the error message was but if its working with JPEG then all is well.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
profile picture

where does profile picture go?, while on the subject of pictures,,, i know its not an avatar, is this in albums or such? //Ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i had it already last time i tried... i just made a mistake changing from tiff to jpeg. i did it different this morning and it worked out. last time i was using a photo resizer, this time, i put picture in a new folder, on my pc, rt.clicked on picture. save as, then picked jpeg from drop down list. used option 2 with change profile picture, went to the new folder in my pc clicked on pic with jpeg, and i was done. just changing from tiff 2 MB, to JPEG reduced it to about 62kb from 2mb. Tiff must take up a lot of unnecessary space on PC... thanks for help //Ed

·
Registered
463 Posts
To explain, a tiff file is a "lossless" image file, which means there is no compression of the dimensions, pixels, colours, size ect.

A Jpeg / Jpg is a more compressed file type which reduces the image size and compresses it, making it a smaller file.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts