Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing pictures up of how I did mine. I wasn't into using one of the Spacers that you epoxy on and ruin the carb for anything else, or movingy air box forward about 1 inch and making that work. Both of these methods also both leave a little bit of the intake tube where it necks down smaller than the 450r carb opening. So in the pictures you will see I cut the intake tube back to where it is shaped like an oval instead of round. I then took a piece of 2 1/2 pipe and used a hammer to make the one end oval shaped like the intake tube. This left clearance to go over the frame behind the carb. . Then I used a 2" rubber boot to attach the other end of the pipe to the carb. Cheap, easy, can't leak, and it takes that small bottleneck out of the intake tube. Just a different way of possibly doing it for future swaps. Thanks to everyone that helped with my swap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Dang thats a nice clean install. I see you are still running the stock header. That carb isnt gunna do near as much as it could. Still very nice work though!

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Beware. If you buy just the hmf header it will not go right on your hmf slip-on. They were designed to be purchased as a set and the header will slip over the end of your slip-on. I learned this the hard way lol. I think the fmf power bomb with the mid pipe fits right in. Cant confirm this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info! Luckily I already have the fmf powerbomb in my cart and it says it will work with stock muffler so it should bolt right up to the hmf slip on then

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
That is super sharp! Be nice to have a sound n video of her running, when you get a chance.

Plus 1 on the uni air filter ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Nice job!
One thing... Is that piece of tube (you’ve used to joint the hoses together) steel or stainless? I’d be more than tempted to use stainless, 304 or 316 would be great for this application. Don’t polish the inside either lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good idea. I just used an exhaust expansion tool I got a a local tool store and a heat gun. Moved the box up 3/4" and there you go, no added parts.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts