Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Let's see what this does.
The thumbnail is turned but if you open it, it's turned right. This is on my kindle. Same photo from my phone. I'll try taking a pic with the kindle and see if it turns. Thanks guys. Y'all have helped a bunch just having someone to try it out on.
In the pic from this post, thumbnail is sideways, and so is image after clicking on it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Turning the phone won’t help. It still rotates the image. I’m going to try to take the pic after it ask me to upload files and see if that works.Nope
Be sure you're turning the phone the correct way. Be sure your "Home" button is on the RIGHT, in your right hand, when you take the photo

Also, do not use the Volume button to snap the photo. Use the onscreen or Home button if your phone supports this.

Other fixes include what other's have said about using editing software. Many of these apps were developed to solve this iPhone bug and are free.

Hope this works for you.

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
this site doesn't like smart phones !...lol. maybe we need dumb phones for a dumb site ?..hmmmmm..lol.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I have no issues with my phone using Tapatalk.

Sent from my garage using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
just went out back, took a couple pics, one of my shop I built, and other of my toy's under my covered tarp carport, I used my iPhone 8, holding sideways ( I call it widescreen )..if they are straight when I click this post, well.there ya have it, if they are sideways ?. well...pftttttttttttt !..lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
ha !!..thats how its done !..hold your damn smart phone sideways, home button on right side !.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I downloaded shadetree's "problem" photo from the first page, opened it on my phone and sure enough it was still sideways. So then I used the app on my phone, rotated it, saved it, then attached to the site. Worked just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
just went out back, took a couple pics, one of my shop I built, and other of my toy's under my covered tarp carport, I used my iPhone 8, holding sideways ( I call it widescreen )..if they are straight when I click this post, well.there ya have it, if they are sideways ?. well...pftttttttttttt !..lol.
I'll try that. Got to be an easier way than all the uploading and downloading and cutting and pasting.

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
I downloaded shadetree's "problem" photo from the first page, opened it on my phone and sure enough it was still sideways. So then I used the app on my phone, rotated it, saved it, then attached to the site. Worked just fine.

well, go back to my thread, and fix my sideways pics would ya ?!..lol.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Your 1999 450s thread? Tomorrow I will, easy peasy and even though you're joking, I'll do it cause I always like seeing your build thread progressions.

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts

Your 1999 450s thread? Tomorrow I will, easy peasy and even though you're joking, I'll do it cause I always like seeing your build thread progressions.
I see ya did, thanks !. be a couple days b4 I dig in, keep your eyes peeled on that build !.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

What app do you use ? I’ve looked and there’s a lot of them.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I use the android version but this is the iPhone version, which my family members use in the same way. We use it for all photo storage, backup, albums, and some basic editing:

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
OLEJOE's300 said:
Here's one I recommend:

XnView (download here ), allows you to rotate images based on the Exif value and save them back to the normal orientation.

For example, in XnView, browse to a folder containing only the jpg files, click to select a rotated image or if needed, press Ctrl+A to select all files, then click "Tools" on the menu bar, select "JPEG lossless transformations" then "Rotate based on Exif value". The files are then saved with photos rotated to the normal orientation ("top-left") and their orientation value reset to 1, good for viewing in any other applications either they support the Exif orientation or not.

Above info from https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/why-are-your-photos-upside-down.htm
Giving credit where credit is due. :)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts