Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to keep pics I download and post from rotating 90 degrees ? If I rotate my IPhone and take the pic, it doesn’t help. :sad

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
haha..good luck !!!!. been fighting this crap for a longggggg time !..lol. iPhone 8 here, something about the iPhone 8 that hates this site ?, or as always..this site blows for up loading pics from iPhone 8 !..lol.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
tested a couple times, but have not followed through a lot, but try cropping your pic size before you take pic, and see what happens ?. my iPhone 8 has a HD setting, I guess this changes the pixel size for this site.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
if all else fails ?, where you down loaded pics to pc ( guessing your on a pc ? ), you should ?..have a place to crop/edit/rotate the pics ?, if so ?, do that, save the pic '' as is '' or something like that, see what ya get ?.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
I already know this pic I posted in my build section is sideways, I just did what I posted ^^^, if it works..this back end view of this 1999 trx450s will be correct now, if not ?, well..blame this site !..lol. nope, did not work, I turned it, saved it, and its still the same direction...ITS THIS STUPID SITE !!.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Can someone tell me how to keep pics I download and post from rotating 90 degrees ? If I rotate my IPhone and take the pic, it doesn’t help. :sad
Are you also using your iPhone to post them here? Using Tapatalk? Or using Safari on the iPhone?

If you have a computer available, I recommend using that. Should be able to get the rotation set and saved on the computer, then post it.

If only have your iPhone available and no computer, let us know and can still get you squared away.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
Are you also using your iPhone to post them here? Using Tapatalk? Or using Safari on the iPhone?

If you have a computer available, I recommend using that. Should be able to get the rotation set and saved on the computer, then post it.

If only have your iPhone available and no computer, let us know and can still get you squared away.
guess you did not read my post ^^^^^ ?, I just tried this on my pc, and it still uploads sideways. I rotated the pic, saved it, up loaded it, and its still sideways..its this site ?, or iPhone 8 ?..lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The pic I used was 1 in my photo gallery but it may work if I take the pic when asked to upload file ?
Using Safari on my IPhone. I ran into this on another forum and got it fixed but I don’t remember what I had to do.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
The pic I used was 1 in my photo gallery but it may work if I take the pic when asked to upload file ?
Using Safari on my IPhone. I ran into this on another forum and got it fixed but I don’t remember what I had to do.
you lost me here ^^^ ???..lol. I guess your taking pics with a smart phone..right ?. try this ( not sure if it will work ! ) take a pic of what ever your wanting a pic of..hold the smart phone both ways when doing a pic, upload it, see it if works ?.

·
Premium Member
12,436 Posts
Girls Ride Too solved this problem for me, when you take the pic make sure the is on your right ----- that is Apple info -- another way I was getting around it is , to every pic you take , before uploading it , put it thru edit cycle and rotate the pic around , 360 degrees even if it doesn't need to be and it will come out straight

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turning the phone won’t help. It still rotates the image. I’m going to try to take the pic after it ask me to upload files and see if that works.

Nope

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

guess you did not read my post ^^^^^ ?, I just tried this on my pc, and it still uploads sideways. I rotated the pic, saved it, up loaded it, and its still sideways..its this site ?, or iPhone 8 ?..lol.
Correct, I did not see the 3 posts you made from the time I opened this thread to the time I actually posted. You are using burst fire mode while I'm using single shot.

The fact that you exported to pc, made changes and rotated, saved and then uploaded and still had it show up sideways is very strange indeed. I've never had that problem, whether using phone or pc to upload.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Turning the phone won’t help. It still rotates the image. I’m going to try to take the pic after it ask me to upload files and see if that works.

Nope

Do you have a Google (Gmail) account? I use the Google photos app to manage all my photos, including backing them up, cropping, editing, and rotating. And have yet to have a problem with a picture that was originally sideways not show up properly after being saved that way.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts

Nope

Do you have a Google (Gmail) account? I use the Google photos app to manage all my photos, including backing them up, cropping, editing, and rotating. And have yet to have a problem with a picture that was originally sideways not show up properly after being saved that way.
reg digital camera, no probs, iPhone 6, no problems, iPhone 8, never straight !..lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s not a big deal. Just aggravating. I’ve got a third party photo saver and I’ll try using that.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
and I know this for a fact !!..lol. I can take pics with my iPhone 6, down load to pc, upload to post, pics is correct, do the very same thing with my iPhone 8 ?..forget it !..lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Let's see what this does.
The thumbnail is turned but if you open it, it's turned right. This is on my kindle. Same photo from my phone. I'll try taking a pic with the kindle and see if it turns. Thanks guys. Y'all have helped a bunch just having someone to try it out on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,436 Posts
...try to rotate the pic 360 degrees whether it needs it or not before uploading it , I think this orientates the pic , I was having a lot of trouble with this issue before also try copping it a bit , I have seem to nip it in the butt , it was every pic for a while ....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts