Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some new front wheels in black for the 700xx and was thinking about painting the rears to match. Any tips or suggestions before I make the commitment to do this. Sorry for the pic, my work BlackBerry is a POS!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
Cool deal, my friend painted his wheels a while back Ill post a pic if I still have it but get you a can of greas and wax remover and really clean the wheels and when you think they are clean do it again. Next grab some 320 sand paper and start sanding when your finished clean them up with some laquer thinner. etching primer works best put about 3 or 4 good coats on let them dry in between and the final coat let it dry really well. get a brown scotch brite pad and scuff the entire paint area take away any shinny areas the paint will flake if not. He used a spray gun but a rattle can will work good too. put your first coat on light let it dry then apply the next 3 or 4 coats thicker each time and be sure to let it dry in between. after it the paint is fully cured you can go back with enamel clear and put 2 or 3 good coats on but apply each coat over a tacky previous coat do not let it dry. I hope this helps. Paint your hubs Red.

Or just powder coat them...lol

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
Here are a couple pics I had on my phone sorry for the poor quality.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Agreed with ^^^^^ but get them powder coated will last a lot longer, but paint you can touch up when needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts