Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The following is an overview of motorcycle/ATV carburetor cleaning procedures. This article seems to have been written a good while ago and seems to have been directed more at motorcycle carbs, but most of this will apply for ATV carbs, just don't be confused if there are a few differences in your carb and the carbs that are described in the article. Most of the information will apply to the ATV carb and should be good enough to aid you in cleaning your carb and familiarize you with the parts of your carb.

NOTE: Disregard the part at the bottom of the article under "Possible Problems" where it says that the average setting for the air screw will be 1 turn out as this isn't really accurate. You'll need to check a repair manual for your particular ATV as this can vary somewhat. Also, note that most floats aren't adjustable on most newer carbs.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Good post!

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
GReat post Buddy, maybe I can incorporate some of that with what I am doing to my carb, When You go changing the set-up of a stock engine dont expect it to be off the hook the first trial. I'm proof of that, I put this 400EX carb on my 250X holy crap what a jetting nightmare and if someone says its easy either they forgot what they did to get to the great running stage or they paid someone to do it. the key to carbs is Paitence

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the post, I used it today and it helped me to avoid some common mistakes it seems. Non-running bike before, running bike now. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the post, I used it today and it helped me to avoid some common mistakes it seems. Non-running bike before, running bike now. Thanks again.
That's good, glad you got it running.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts