Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I can tell you off the bat that it would be hard to get the seat off with that one [unless it hinges up, which it probably does]. That one also seems like it would be too high and you'd be busting your elbows on it all the time.

I have a drop down rack on mine and I love it. The only problem with it is that it covers the rear storage box, but I don't miss it.

Here's what I have, then I put that soft rack bag I showed you in that other picture on top of it for extra storage. It will hold 3, 5 gallon buckets across the back, or I usually carry a bucket and a chainsaw, etc.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0032705521663a.shtml

·
Registered
224 Posts
they are nice for somethings and not so nice for other things. i personally like them. some dont becuase you loose the back rack for hualing things out of the woods like deer.....i do both so i remove mine during hunting season. get one, if you dont like it, sell it....the sell easily around here

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Great input Pain

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
The seat above does lift up, so you can remove the ATV seat. I don't have a problem hitting my elbows, but sometimes when I get on the ATV, I hit it with my foot.

I have one on my Grizzly and I like it pretty good. Sometimes, if you're on a real rough trail and you need to back up, it's hard to see behind you. I like them because of the amount of things you can carry with you and it will stay clean and dry.

I used to have one just like the one in the picture above on another Grizzly that I used to have, but I sold the Grizzly and left it on it. I bought another one that I like a little better, because it is a little shorter and I can see behind the ATV a little better. It also has a place for a gas can on the back. This is the one that I have now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ammo Cans are nice and waterproof.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ah. Well i tried. LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Helmut, can you tell me what brand and cost of the seat you posted?

I'm hoping that if I can get my gf to ride she may take more of an interest in the sport. I need a seat/trunk like this for an 09 Rancher.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone have one mounted to a Recon? Just wondering how one like the Kimpex would fit. The Recon is alot smaller than a Grizzly or Rancher. I know it's not the "recomended" use. But does anyone have experience with a small child riding behind them using one of these?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Does anyone have one mounted to a Recon? Just wondering how one like the Kimpex would fit. The Recon is alot smaller than a Grizzly or Rancher. I know it's not the "recomended" use. But does anyone have experience with a small child riding behind them using one of these?
I think Yotaguy has one mounted on a Recon. I don't think it's a Kimpex, though. I believe it's a Moose Diplomat, like pictured in the first post of this thread. I think he has a picture of it posted somewhere and I will see if I can find it.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
OK, I found it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks, helmut that at least gives me an idea of how it will look

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I would buy the Kimpex, because they are a little smaller, but they still have plenty storage room and the seats are about the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts