Discussion Starter #441
Yup having fun......

3500lb winch did its job!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Am i crazy or are all my photobucket pictures working & back in my thread??

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Why would they start working again??? It's awesome... anyone know??

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've basically been off on vacation since the first of July & still have another week & a bit to go.

Update on the quad. I've put many miles on this year now that its finally running strong. I've been riding in the mountains & foothills. So much so, that I've got to replace my front pads as I've worn them down! I noticed a small leak on the top rear clutch cover. I checked all the 8mm cover bolts & they aren't loose. I kept degreasing the area, but the gasket will have to be replaced & a skim coat of Honda Bond applied. I've also noticed since I installed the 300ex carb that it fires right up, but very low idle (until warm) & choke is virtually useless. So I'm going to drop down from the 42 to a 40 or 38 which was stock in that carb. The new rear end is running well, like NEW! lol. I had to apply loctite to the axle threads as the shaft side axle nuts backed off on me twice. IF I get a chance I'll put together some pictures of my summer. I've had some really good runs with this quad & would HIGHLY recommend a build of this kind to anyone considering it! The power is amazing for a quad this size.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
WOW, over a month on vacation, you certainly know how to live life to the full wheeler, sounds like you had a great time. Don’t forget the pictures :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Ya Sam it’s pretty sweet to take a lot of the summer off.

Well I went to rejet the pilot with a 40. Got it installed & was wayy to lean & not idle. I adjusted the a/f screw & determined it must need the 42 as it ran way better. I re-installed the 42 & the bike just revved our to 5k rpm. So I figured I had the throttle cable pinched or something. So I take it apart again, double check everything & while going to put th carb on I noticed the butterfly was open wayy to much. So I pulled the idle scre plastic cover off. Well I’ll be damned!!! I had the throttle cable adjusted sooo much it wasn’t even touching the idle screw. So I backed the cable off set onto the screw, set the idle & hot damn it fires up strong now & has a better idle. At least I found my mistake. Not sure how I accidentally set it up like that but did... all is good now.

·
Super Moderator
37,562 Posts

Well I went to rejet the pilot with a 40. Got it installed & was wayy to lean & not idle. I adjusted the a/f screw & determined it must need the 42 as it ran way better. I re-installed the 42 & the bike just revved our to 5k rpm. So I figured I had the throttle cable pinched or something. So I take it apart again, double check everything & while going to put th carb on I noticed the butterfly was open wayy to much. So I pulled the idle scre plastic cover off. Well I’ll be damned!!! I had the throttle cable adjusted sooo much it wasn’t even touching the idle screw. So I backed the cable off set onto the screw, set the idle & hot damn it fires up strong now & has a better idle. At least I found my mistake. Not sure how I accidentally set it up like that but did... all is good now.
don't ya just love those little mistakes when you find them !?..lmfao. been there..done that..lol.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

I would have taken that mistake to the grave..........some things you just don't admit to! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
I would have taken that mistake to the grave..........some things you just don't admit to! LOL

Bahahaha. I thought of it, but I love sharing my well let’s say.... “Blonde Moments “ lmao

441 - 451 of 451 Posts