Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I made a BIG whoops the other night - I was in the dark changing the battery on my 2000 Honda foreman 450 es and accidentally hooked it up backwards . I blew the main 30 amp fuse so I replaced it . Now it will turn over but it won't start . I also noticed that when I change the gears it goes from neutral to a line across the display . HELP . Where do I go from here ?

·
Super Moderator
36,820 Posts
welcome to the forums. hmmmmmm, I've gotta say, I have not seen many post such as your problem here ?. did you check ALL your fuses ?. best advice I can give ya ?, is remove the pos cable off the battery for a few mins ( make sure all your fuses are good ! ), with key off, hook the pos cable back up, and this may re-set the ecm ?. worse case ?, you may or may not have fried your ecm ?. on another note, try to manually shift the atv into gear, then back to neutral, turn key on, and see if you get the N or green light..or both on dash ?, cuz I know for a fact, they won't fire the spark plug..unlesssssssss the ecm knows and sees that the gears are in neutral ?.

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
Does your display appear to be working properly? If not, you could have damaged the ECM (computer). If so, check your fuses as Shadetree suggested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The display appears to be fine . I have checked all the fuses and they are good . I haven't had a chance to disconnect the positive battery cable yet to see if the ecm will reset itself , I hope to get to it tomorrow after work .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts