Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. So today instead of using the old Cub 1872 hydro to bring fire wood to the house I got out the 86 Fourtrax 350. So I loaded up my wood buggy (3x4x1.5) hooked to the wheeler and loaded her up (no more that what I put when using the cub). While heading towards the house in the snow/ice I noticed that only the rear wheels and the front right (when sitting on wheeler) were spinning. The front left tire just kinda seemed to spin when I finally get traction or is touching the ground. Is this normal? Also noticed some noises coming from the front. Possibly a CV, or maybe the front diff? If anyone can help that would be great. Also some of the noises are from the CV, they either need repacked or replaced but I have no idea where to find new ones. Don't want to get something off eBay that may not lat 2 hours on the machine.Thanks!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone. So today instead of using the old Cub 1872 hydro to bring fire wood to the house I got out the 86 Fourtrax 350. So I loaded up my wood buggy (3x4x1.5) hooked to the wheeler and loaded her up (no more that what I put when using the cub). While heading towards the house in the snow/ice I noticed that only the rear wheels and the front right (when sitting on wheeler) were spinning. The front left tire just kinda seemed to spin when I finally get traction or is touching the ground. Is this normal? Also noticed some noises coming from the front. Possibly a CV, or maybe the front diff? If anyone can help that would be great. Also some of the noises are from the CV, they either need repacked or replaced but I have no idea where to find new ones. Don't want to get something off eBay that may not lat 2 hours on the machine.Thanks!!!
Pretty much all Honda except 15 and up foreman and rubicon have a limited slip front diff if one front tire is off the ground it'll only apply power to that wheel so 3 wheel peel is there can stop you from making it out of a rut, the 350 with the straight front axle is the worse about this

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much all Honda except 15 and up foreman and rubicon have a limited slip front diff if one front tire is off the ground it'll only apply power to that wheel so 3 wheel peel is there can stop you from making it out of a rut, the 350 with the straight front axle is the worse about this
Good to know. Thank you!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts