Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Bought a TRX350 FE from a neighbor after watching it sit for the five years we have been here. After getting it home, and downloading a free service manual, I began to try and figure out the issues it had, besides the issues from it having sat out, unloved, in the weather for 8-10 years. First I cleaned the fuel system. This was a fairly easy task as the gas tank was plastic and carb was simple enough. I figured out that it was hopelessly stuck in reverse. Put a battery in it and did all the self diagnostics basically wasting $30 on an Angle Sensor. After researching this further I came to the conclusion that the shift plate was broken and prepared to replace it. Fairly easy procedure, finding out that it was much easier to have the engine out of the frame. Got it swapped out, closed the motor up. New grease in the reduction gears behind the shift motor, etc. I am proud to say that I now have a running driving stopping neat little honda 4x4 quad. I have to start it by jumping the solenoid because the button on the bars dont work...I think its a sensor, or stuck safety switch. No biggie. I am not too confident in this design of shifting. Im not sure I want to keep it only to have the shift plate or something break again. Seems unreasonably complicated...Can anyone tell me different? Should I have faith in this machine? Or should I sell it off and buy more Shovelhead parts?
I received a wealth of good solid information from this forum while working on this Honda which is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi
you should come over to www.atvhonda.com
Much better help, fast answers and a friendly bunch that have been working on these Hondas for a long time
These forums here kind of went South a few years back
Hope to see you over there, I think you will like it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts