Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
left side, where the foot shift lever is located, behind the lever, stuck in the corner of engine case, one wire leads to it, unplug it, turn key on, touch it to the engine case, the fan should come on if its good ?, most times this tells me the oil temp sensor is bad if your getting the engine very hot ?, and the fan don't kick on.
Really appreciate that 馃憤 I'll nip straight out now to find it. I was on the wrong side of the bike earlier looking for single wires block.
Thanks for the tip I will give it a shot and at least I'll know if the fan actually works then from the sensor and I have a circuit. Can always replace it for all they cost. But I'd have had to have found it to replace it 馃槀 lol

Super Moderator
Really appreciate that 馃憤 I'll nip straight out now to find it. I was on the wrong side of the bike earlier looking for single wires block.
Thanks for the tip I will give it a shot and at least I'll know if the fan actually works then from the sensor and I have a circuit. Can always replace it for all they cost. But I'd have had to have found it to replace it 馃槀 lol
haha..its there..trust me !. if and when you replace it with new ?, you can tilt it to the right hard, get the sensor out without loosing too much oil, or drain the oil, pick your poison..lol.

Registered
I found it it's tucked right behind the gear shifter I had to take the shifter off to get at it properly. Fan spins when I ground it.

So hopefully it's the sensor.... Now just trying to find one in the UK that posts to the island of scotland. They are all in China on eBay here a few from your side of the pond too.... Which I'd prefer but it would be nice to have it sooner than a few weeks away....

Anyone recommend a UK based genuine parts dealer?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts