Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just bought a 2002 TRX 450 foreman FM. Stone cold start, oil temp light stays on. I’ve changed the oil and filter (Yes filter in the correct way, hehe). I am assuming it’s oil sensor. It unscrews easy enough (drain oil). Is it hard to change wire end ? Maybe wire is shorting out? I’m new to this any advice would be awesome! I’ve ordered both oil sensor and fan switch module, as I’ve read they are both common culprits for this problem. Advice on the how to is most welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
disconnect the electrical connector from the sensor. Then, using a wrench, remove the sensor from its mount. To install the new sensor, simply reverse the process.
Thanks for the response. My question is about the other end, - so one end of the wire connects directly to the sensor (you helped with explaining disconnect there), I am wondering about the other end.. the wire seem to run up towards the back of the ATV, under the wheel well. it appears to have a connection point there. How do I separate the wire? Is it crimped? Is it some sort of connector? Not sure about that part of the wire?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts