Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a small amount of oil in my airbox from the crankcase tube that goes into the box. Actually it is a small amount of smoke and the oil is in the smoke. I don't have the small little filter that goes where the crankcase tube comes into the airbox should I be using it? The compression is at 150 and the manual says it should be at 185 is 150 to low? Is it normal to be getting some smoke in the box?

· Registered
8,309 Posts
how much oil do you have in the motor, if your overfilling it, it will push out the vent and into your air box!
excessive pressure builds in the motor and pushes it that way!

check level correctly and see?
you didn't list what Atv this is, yrs model??
so??
harder to get exact help with missing info?
Just saying NOT bashing!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is on a 2000 honda Recon 250. The oil is about 1/8 of inch down from being full on the dip stick. I'm getting very little oil in the air box but when I have the crankcase tube connected to the box and the engine idling it will after awhile cause the engine to slow down and sometimes cause the engine to die. When I disconnect the crankcase tube it will idle good. Is 150 compression to low for a 250 Honda engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.