Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perry has listed 16 miles of map trails, but the only state forest in ohio to ride off trail on UDT (user developed trails). Those trails mixed with map trails, mud, and wall climbs make for a full days ride.

Helmet, eye protection, state tag are required. 50" trail limit.
Perry State Forest

Maps of perry forest can be downloaded at the following link. *.gps maps are used with gps units. Udt maps list those trails in black. More UDT trails are listed as they are cleared.
Perry Map

Perry is currently in process of purchasing more land for trail expansions.

Any questions just ask. Perry is mostly unclaimed stip mine area. Lots of mud, hill climbs, and off-camber areas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*.kmz will open in google earth. All maps in the link above are available for public use. Made by perry forest apv area trail crew.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I first went to Perry a few years ago. And I wasn't to impressed, I thought it was mostly geared toward 4x4's and dirt bikes. Well I went back in 2013 and they have made major improvements. Trails galore and mostly marked, but still my buddy and I managed to stay in the maze for over a hour! As Resq says 16 miles of advertised trails, but I assure you there is 3x that easy. One thing nice about Perry compared to Wayne is they don't require a trail permit. You still need to have the state registration thou. Here is a couple videos I made from my September 2013 trip there.
Trx700xx & 660r @ Perry State Forest - YouTube

660r & 700xx @ Perry State Forest - YouTube

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Sorry I guess these videos don't play on mobile devices.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CLICK HERE

Thought it was not going to happen, but it did! This will really help the group move forward in trail repair!

Yamaha Grant Page

A few more miles should be completed to several trails by april 1st. Map is updated already. Perry has come a very long way.
Thanks M_Quick!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Anyone have riding plans this spring? I'm ichin to do some riding in Ohio.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Read the rest of thread, 16 miles of advertised trails! Did you make it to wnf this weekend?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Did not make it to Wayne Foresr this weekend. Couple of family things came up. Hope to get there soon. Sounds like I need to get to Perry before it gets sold.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Did not make it to Wayne Foresr this weekend. Couple of family things came up. Hope to get there soon. Sounds like I need to get to Perry before it gets sold.
Perry is okay, but a lot different from Wayne. If your looking for a place for you and the daughter, I'd stick to Wayne. Also Perry Closes at dark or 10pm idk for sure? At Wayne you can ride 24 hrs a day! And camp over night for FREE or pay like $8 a night at one of the near by campgrounds. Perry State forest would be great for your 4x4. It is a lot more challenging than Wayne. Bring a buddy and make sure one of you has a winch or tow strap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We go to both Perry and Wayne. I like both of them for totally different reasons.

One is a sloppy muddy ride and one is nice trail riding with some mud if you so desire.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just found out Perry is open to a max width of 62" now. Wonder when Wayne will follow?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Yeah I herd that yesterday from a buddy. I wonder if all the talk about the state selling the land is over, for now?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts