Honda ATV Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Yep the float needle is sticking. I suggest removing the carb, drop the bowl, remove the float and needle take a tiny phillips and a rag dip it in some laquer thinner and swab out the float needle hole the take the needle and wipe it off really good with a little of the thinner on it. put it back together, don't install the carb but connect the line, hold it level or how it fits to the engine and turn on the fuel see what you got then? You may need to replace the needle???

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I be doen that this weeken i let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Got big problem. I when to my granparents house Friday night. And this morning my dad woke up to smell of gas. He walk over to my bike. When he got over to it was leaken fule and s decent rate. The peacock was turned of and it leaked out about gallon of fuel. What could it be?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
If the petcock was off there is no way it leaked past it unless its bad. . . . But didn't I tell you to remove that carb and clean the float needle

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Yeah i gotta clean it yet had really busy weekend. But the peacock was turned off. Could it be a bad peacock

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Don't know. . Pull the line off and turn it on then to reserve then to off and see it it's working, if it is then off has three letters and on has two. . Put the pointy end towards the three lettered word.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Just found out peacock was bad. Good news is i have a back up one.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I'm assuming you got a male PEACOCK since it had a hose running to it? :confused:

121 - 128 of 128 Posts
About this Discussion
127 Replies
15 Participants
TRX2fiveO
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing