Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yah me and my dad have been making good progress. But we got to make time for our new toy a 08 trx450er

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i will we get to bring it home Monday so i get them up and maybe a video of me taring it up on some back roads and the450 is all stock

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
sorry there been no updates its cold here. Im working on getten money to get parts.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
got the swinger off.

here everything we took off

here the bike ready for paint

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
you gotta pull the engine before you paint

·
Registered
866 Posts
that's some parts organization...
I couldn't do it like that, i'm like OCD about stuff...(see my build thread haha)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
umm the bottom engine bolt is welded in. The guy we got it from welded it because it always torque lose. So we just bag the motor.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well i order all the parts we need to put it back together. I went with white carbon fiber plastics. I'm hoping to get my frame sandblast this weekend.i will be gettin pics of the parts as they come in.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I dont recommed sandblasting that frame with the engine on it Jon that sand is coming out under pressure and you won't be able to wrap that engine good enough to keep out the dust.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
where going to try it. We going to put like 10 bags around it and blast the frame.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
beat you we do not have to do a engine rebuild thread.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
update on parts i got so far. I got my swing arm bearings,back brake pads,My plastics and my front nosepiece, my new seat cover and shock covers. I'm only waiting for my front a-arms and my front break calipers.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
not yet goen to start sand blast it later on today and tomorrow and paint it hopefully by next weekend

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
well got my frame almost doen today and all it tooks was 13 monster and a brillow pad.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
it took use about 4 hours some paint stripper sandblaster an d a power wash to get the frame to where its at in the pic i posted

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
cleaned up two bubble gum welds on the frame

Cut out the two inner a-arm mount tabs up top to clear the raptor 660 a-arms.

here are both sides of the frame where we cut the a-arm mount tabs

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
we got the frame all primed up and ready for is't first layer of paint.

here where we cut the inner a-arm mounts off to fit the raptor 660 a-arms i think in came out good

21 - 40 of 128 Posts
About this Discussion
127 Replies
15 Participants
TRX2fiveO
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing