Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 450 TRX 2005. I have 9 inch and 8 inch rims for it. I go mostly off road with it and it sometimes bottoms out and I find myself pulling it backwards a good number of times each outing. What is a good size tire for what I want to be doing? For front and back? What is a good brand. Sorry if this post seems too generic but I am new to ATVs.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I use 22 Razr on the front on stock rims and 20 IRazr on back stock rim. I have a HONDA 400EX. I like the combo. My buddies have put 22s on the back but they are too tall for me.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I had a buddy that used 23 on his kfx400 but they were huge and ugly. I like the 22 front and 20 rear. it still handles good and does not beat on your clutch and chain as bad

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 400ex. I love riding wooded trails and find myself bottoming out of rocks, stumps and logs. I'd get a 4x4 but the 400ex is more fun and challenging. I was thinking about upgrading the rear tires to a 22 and regearing it. I don't care how it looks, as long as it works.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You guys could always go kamakazi like me , buy a full set of plates and pretend your 450 is a hammer. But as for tire size i like me 21's and 20's.Trialwise 22's work good for the mostpart but there just to "balloon" like and i dont like the way it makes my 450 handle, kinda makes it feel more top-heavy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have been looking at tires for the last few hours and found nothing with a tread that will work for me, so it looks like I'll be sticking with the 22/20 combo. I'm also running 10/9 for wheels on it.

I've got a thick skid plate on the swing arm but thats it. I've got to get the rest protected at somepoint before I really start riding it hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts