Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this 07 Rancher 400at. Bought it running but will not move. Ive done much research on all the issues that cause it not to move but im still stuck.
So i know the shift motor is good and working. It will move through each gear in esp.

It looks like the angle sensor has been replaced once or twice. The bike came with three of them and holes are drilled in the plastic to replace it.

Also he replaced the ecu for whatever reason. I do have the old one still. He claims a code flashed that lead him to replace it. Now the bike is not throwing any codes whatsoever.

If i raise the bike on blocks and start it and put it in gear the rear wheels will move but very very slowly. I have to pin the throttle and it will reach about 11mph but when the bike is on the ground it wont move as all.

Is this a clutch issue?? Or is something electronic not allowing it to apply power to the Tranny?? If so how can I diagnose the clutch etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update. I put the old ecu on the bike, started it up and it was giving me a flashing code of 5. Which is angle sensor. So i took on the the newer ones i had and replaced it and correctly installed with turning the spring back etc. i then did the computer reset and now the flashing code is gone but still no dice, bike has same issues. Will not move.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know many people here have had issues with this quad. I hope someone can help. Doing more work to it, after running it for a few minutes, old ecm was throwing a code 12, went down every check in the shop manual, tested each connection etc. did continuity tests. Everything checked out. So I replaced it with the new ecm and did the initial setting procedure, got the wheels to spin 21mph but that was maxing the throttle and it set it. Same issue persist. Quad wont move. I can stop the wheels with my hand. Its like it has no power. 4wd does work and so does reverse just has no power. Is this a burt clutch issue? If so what needs to be replaced????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try changing the oil with Rotella t4 it's a hydrostatic Trans so there picy about oil
Yeah i know it needs certain oil to be reliable but just to move? i would think even with the wrong oil or dry it would move and then burn up. ive checked the oil, looks fresh and clean, looked down fill cap on right side of quad, that oil screen is super clean. I can try and swap oils but still seems more mechanical of an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts