Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 300 Fourtrax, and when I turn the key on and hit the starter button, nothing happens. There is power to the one side of the starter relay (solenoid when checked with a test light. When the starter button is pushed, nothing changes at the solenoid. I can turn the ign. switch on, and jump across the relay and start the vehicle. The Main fuse and secondary fuse are good also. Thanks for any ideas

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
May be a simple dead battery? Or spark plug. Check the small and easy things first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing happens when I hit the starter button

Thanks for the reply, but if you read my post, I said that it will start when I jump across the relay. It surely won't do that with a dead battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar problem with an arctic cat ran down every wire it ended up being a loose consction in the ign switch. will tend to kill power everywhere and so no signs of it. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but if you read my post, I said that it will start when I jump across the relay. It surely won't do that with a dead battery
Oh yea ok.....I was skimming through your post. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello mate ive hade that probem me self all it is is the solanoid is no good change it over and you will right a good way to test them is take off the small wires commin out of the solanoid and jump them directly to your batt yellow and a greem wire if i remember right just put one on posative a and the other on negative if the solanoid dont click in and start it its no good if it does the prob will be ellswhere prob the started switch its self on ya handlebars

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Agree the starter solenoid needs replacing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts