Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 420, Manuel Gear shift, is not selecting gear properly.. Often wont select neutral, and sometimes the instrument cluster shows a line instead of a Gear number. Gear selector is not stiff, and hot or cold makes no difference
To find neutral, I change up to 3rd, , then back, usually find neutral on first or second go.
Any advice greatly appreciated
Thank you
Rob, NZ

·
Premium Member
5,258 Posts
You need a service manual
Check to see if we have one here. Download the service manual from the link in my signature block below. If not, consider buying on from the dealer or from a fleabay seller.

i would adjust the clutch just in case that’s what’s binding a little. Change engine oil—get some fresh in there—remember to use wet clutch oil like Honda GN4

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2007 420, Manuel Gear shift, is not selecting gear properly.. Often wont select neutral, and sometimes the instrument cluster shows a line instead of a Gear number. Gear selector is not stiff, and hot or cold makes no difference
To find neutral, I change up to 3rd, , then back, usually find neutral on first or second go.
Thank you
Rob, NZ
You need a service manual
Check to see if we have one here. Download the service manual from the link in my signature block below. If not, consider buying on from the dealer or from a fleabay seller.

i would adjust the clutch just in case that’s what’s binding a little. Change engine oil—get some fresh in there—remember to use wet clutch oil like Honda GN4
Thank you for your advice. And the link.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you
Rob, NZ
I have a 2008 Honda 420 that does this . In order to get it into neutral I rock the heck out of it and then I am able to down shift to neutral . I have probably done this a dozen times over the years . When I park the ATV I try to remember to put it in neutral before shutting down .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts