Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If I had heat in my little shop I'd be in there more but I don't .... so I'm staying in the house.. haha

sent from MOOSE mobile

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I had heat in my little shop I'd be in there more but I don't .... so I'm staying in the house.. haha

sent from MOOSE mobile
It's funny you mention heat as I'm looking for alternative solutions to not working in such cold weather too. I think this summer I'm going to try to install the garage door insulation from Home Depot and see what that does. Hopefully it makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

sent from MOOSE mobile
It's funny you mention heat as I'm looking for alternative solutions to not working in such cold weather too. I think this summer I'm going to try to install the garage door insulation from Home Depot and see what that does. Hopefully it makes a difference.
I'm not sure what I'm going to try... but what I have is definitely not working... haha. The garage door insulation may be an option?

sent from MOOSE mobile

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts

sent from MOOSE mobile
Sounds like its time to turn the kitchen into the work shop!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

sent from MOOSE mobile
Sounds like its time to turn the kitchen into the work shop!
I'll let the Mrs. Know it was your idea

sent from MOOSE mobile

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
I have one of these badboys. Heats my garage warm and toasty in no time. All i got is the roof insulated no wall or garage door either. I got this one instead of a bullet because it has an oxygen depletion sensor(no more burnt air outside). And a tip over shutoff. The grill tank sits right in it and is a roll around unit.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I was actually looking at those.... does yours take 1 or 2 or the camp stove tanks? Or a big bottle

sent from MOOSE mobile

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
The grill tank lasts like 8-10 hours on low and medium. And on high its lime 5-7 hours. And on high its 18,000 btu. I got mine at menards and it was even cheaper then the one in the picture. It was like 75-100 dollars

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
not to get off topic but to help anybody freezing in a small space (deer stand) take a metal coffee can (if you can find one anymore) fill it with toilet paper and rubbing alcohol and light it. blue flame smokeless heater, no real smell either.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The smell comes later when you realize you burned your last roll of tp! :shocked:

There are some good heat ideas. I have a propane bullet heater. I have used it in the past, and it works good. It was given to me, so I have absolutely no complaint. I wouldn't mind an infrared heater of some sort...the he bullet is ok if I am alone, but too loud to have conversations around it.

Rob

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I use one of those oil filled radiant heaters in my 1/2 insulated 12x24.. It makes it warm enough to work in there with a t-shirt on most days..

It's been in the 20's here the last couple of days...I'm not even going to try to see what it will do...LOL Staying in the house.......

·
Registered
125 Posts
I typically used the bullet heater to warm up the area and break the chill before I go in to work and then cut it off. I do like the oil filled heaters, but they are a slow go source of heat, but they do work well.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
Ive had that inferred heater on high in my 25x25 garage with just the ceiling insulated frost on the inside of the walls and garage door in 10 to 15 degree weather and been working in a light jacket. I would let it heat up for 10 to 15 minutes first. Best thing is since its roll around you can bring it right up next to you and roast clean out of there if u wanted to.

·
Registered
767 Posts
My buddy has a woodstove in his 20x40 garage. Its gets sweaty in there in no time

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this was posted a while back but I'd like to add my shop heat solution. My shop is a small 2 story block building with electricity ran from the house. I installed a compressor large enough to run a small media blaster which caused a brown out every time it came on, especially if the dryer was running. My welder has a 11k generator so I started running the compressor with it. I routed the exhaust along the wall under the second level floor to a convenient spot outside which created a really nice heater.
I'd like to say it was my plan all along but in real life I never gave it a thought. Now, if I could reverse the process in the summer.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
12 Participants
dieseljeeper
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing