Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a problem with a 1989 300 fourtrax no spark after tracing, checking ohms, volts, well you name it. New cdi, ignition switch fuses. Everything pointed to the (NEW) CDI May have been junk. After changing out the CDI with one out of a 2000 250 trx I knew ran just fine still no NO SPARK To make matters worse, after putting the CDI back in the 250, it would not shut off with key or kill switch. Finally had to choke it out. I’m wondering if the new ignition I installed was connected wrong, colors did not match completely bike has pink, pink w/white stripe, red and black the new ignition had the basic same except red with white stripe witch was connected to pink w/white stripe. This is getting personal, if you know what I mean. Can anyone help. One final question, does the kill switch break a 12 volt circuit or ground the coil?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
why the heck would you put a c.d.i. from a trx250 in a trx300 ?????. and why are you messing with wrong ignition switch, and wrong wire colors ????. here's a thought...PUT THE CORRECT C.D.I. , THE CORRECT IGNITION SWITCH BACK IN IT...AND IT MIGHT JUST RUN RIGHT !?!..SHESHH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts