Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm grant. So I got a nice led bar for my Honda fourtrax and cut the red and black ignition wires to wire it in. After that even just splicing the wires back together straight up, there was no power to anything. I don't know if it tripped a reset or something, both pink wired were then cut Tring to follow forums. It's a total disaster and need some advice what went wrong. Tried power to the bare wires and battery cables. Jumping the starter turns it over but doesn't fire. Please help out a guy :) ?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
and just what is this on ????. good lord...when are you ppl gonna learn...POST THE DAMN FULL YEAR, MAKE, MODEL OF WHAT YOUR TEARING UP !!!.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Sorry 99 Honda fourtrax 300 4*4 View attachment 150785 in
thank you !. first off, you screwed up cutting the into the ignition switch wires BEFORE you looked up what is what ?!. anyway..wire harness side, you should have 4 wires, solid red, red/black stripe, solid pink, pink/white stripe. going into the ignition switch. coming out of ignition switch, you should have solid red, black, solid pink, pink/white stripe. you will need a 12 volt dc test light, trace which wires are hot coming out of ignition switch when the key is turned on ?, if my memory is still worth a crap ? ( does not say much..lol ) this is the pink/white stripe that has power when key is turned on. if not ?, then it is the solid pink wire. soooo, get all the correct wires connected back where they were going INTO the ignition switch. then find out which pink wire becomes hot when key is turned on ?. this is your power for your led light. then use the ground wire from led light to anywhere on frame for a good ground. you can also put it all back together like i am saying here. then just use the blue, white, green wires leading to the oem lights to turn the led light on. green is ground, white is low beam, blue is high beam.

Reactions: granto66
1 - 4 of 4 Posts