Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 3rd night in a row now the database has not been updating threads properly. Last night it got so bad that I abandoned the site because entire previous posts were missing in recent threads. Its beginning to happen again tonight so I'm about to bail out of here again. See the screenshot of new posts versus those listed in the recent discussions sidebar. Last night it was acting its worse after 3:00 AM EST and its on schedule to repeat tonight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Now that you mention that , I had noticed something strange , I thought it was a form of censorship , and the post were removed till they were censored , cause I noticed the post that would disappear and then would pop up after a member with moderator status would visit the site , they would be post 2-3 hours old that would pop up , what happens is I see a new post on the active topic list , but when you go to view it , it is not there , when you return to the active post list , it is also gone , then hours later the post will pop up , some post never do , I know cause they were mine , maybe those post never did go thru right to start with , lots of bad things going on

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I been seeing the same things happening to your posts early in the AM fishfiles. There one second, gone the next. Night before last I posted following yours... yours was gone along with the others all the way back to 10:30 PM but mine showed up. So I deleted my post.

This thread is still not shown in the chronologically ordered Recent Discussions list on the sidebar as of this posting at 11:00 AM EST.

It is effectively a censorship, because anyone that posts after midnight might not show up. If they do, others might not. The chronological posting order gets destroyed.

We get new members showing up in here each late night/early AM. I wonder if some of those are just being disappeared?
@VS_Goose send this one all of the way to the top of your hierarchy ASAP please? This began at midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning EST. It fits your guys pattern of destructive changes going down on Tuesdays.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I've discovered that the site pretty much doesn't work anymore for me on IE. I pulled it up using Firefox and it works much better.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I'm on Firefox with optic fibre broadband, and this is the slowest site I've ever been on by far. Sometimes click on a thread then go and make a coffee while it loads.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
What would it take to start up a atv website forum and keep it up and running - that's monetarily and labor wise

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
What would it take to start up a atv website forum and keep it up and running - that's monetarily and labor wise
I’m no tech expert but I should imagine it would be easier to speed this one up.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I use this site mainly off my iPhone using the classic skin, I have to say that although it has gotten a little slower it’s still not so slow that it puts me off being online. I’ve also used the site on a iPad to which the site was also pretty quick.

The only faults I had were the ‘likes’, and temporary issues when tech were tinkering with the security updates or whatever it is they like to tinker with!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I use this site mainly off my iPhone using the classic skin, I have to say that although it has gotten a little slower it’s still not so slow that it puts me off being online. I’ve also used the site on a iPad to which the site was also pretty quick.

The only faults I had were the ‘likes’, and temporary issues
Here lately I've had little to no issues except 'likes' too, I'm with Sam here it's not AS bad as it was......iPad, and smart phone both, both for me.

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
right now, the site is acting slow to post. I type out a reply, hit submit, the blue circle sits there for a couple secs, then I have to hit the submit button again, and it post, this is the problem I see a lot lately.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
some post disappear , some come back much later , some don't come back at all , like Retro mentioned , this is late night , I wonder how many first time posters just give up when their post disappears

The way I have noticed this happens , is on the active page a thread will be highlighted as a poster replied to it and it is unread , their name will be in the last person posted slot , when you click the thread that poster is nowhere to be found , go back to active topics and that posters name is no longer the last poster , hours later that name may appear and then may not

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
some post disappear , some come back much later , some don't come back at all , like Retro mentioned , this is late night , I wonder how many first time posters just give up when their post disappears
I never thought of this ^^^^^^ excellent fish!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Well......... I spoke too soon....... I now noticed a couple post missing...... I know i didn't delete my post......

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
i had thought it could be my machine, sunspots, or the server the Gov., uses to collect information.., on its people....

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Thats the way I see it happening too @fishfiles. I see it mostly at night because I am usually on here more often/for longer periods of time late at night.
after sunset most, me three, site gets weird.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
on the 1st hdd, windows XP,, blob showed up with noscript, bout three months ago.. that was i started having problems with XP. blob is supposed to be a helper, of some sort.. tonight i was trying to update, avast on XP drive. i couldnt do it because of DNS problems.
i went back into noscript, and finally remembered how to delete the shadowed objects. been a while. after that, avast updated, plus, there was quite time on the modem, when i was idle. no flashing lights.
now,, how to get that quite time with linux on 2nd hdd..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts