Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have clarified.... what do you think is causing the clanking noise? Sounds like it's coming from the exhaust or something.seems pretty firm when grabbing it tho. Baffle? If so, does that mean new full exhaust?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
sounds like some lose parts inside the muffler. also noticed your tires have the threads facing the wrong way on the front tires, and rear left tire it seem ?. reason ???.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sounds like it's in the muffler. I wonder if the previous owner tried to open it up, to flow freely- can you look inside the outlet with a flashlight, and see if you can see altered baffles? Maybe they drove a pipe in there, opening things up. It sounds more tinny, like the sound path has been altered, more than just a loose baffle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I dropped off the rims and tires to my local mechanic and that's how he put the tires on. Lol. I'm going to have him flip them around next time I get a chance.

I'll check around the muffler to see if anything looks altered.

sounds like some lose parts inside the muffler. also noticed your tires have the threads facing the wrong way on the front tires, and rear left tire it seem ?. reason ???.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Yeah I dropped off the rims and tires to my local mechanic and that's how he put the tires on. Lol. I'm going to have him flip them around next time I get a chance.

I'll check around the muffler to see if anything looks altered.

only one true way your going to find anything in the muffler ?, and that's pull it, give it a shake or two ?, and listen for any rattles.

Reactions: misterclean59
1 - 7 of 7 Posts