Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like the wife & I are going to finally upgrade our 1976 Vanguard travel trailer.... This Thursday I'm picking up a new Coachman Apex Nano 245BHS. The ole girl weighs in at 3200lbs dry & new one 4600lbs dry. With the new 383 stroker, I'll defiantly have no issues towing. I've only got out once this year on the quad, but camping season is full tilt now & all my vacation is coming up. I'll get out next week end, then first of July & August for 10 days each month... so be sure to keep an eye out for some updates on my quad adventures in the foothills/mountains...... Once I pic the new one up I'll toss some pics up.. Heres the ole girl that will be on the market for sale....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
That’s a good looking travel trailer; someone will want that one.
New ones have microprocessor controlled fridges; microwave oven. are you getting tank heaters?
We have a 97 Coachmen; it needs a new rubber roof.

Lol does anyone use the oven in their camper?

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
We use our oven in our toyhauler alot. We use it as a home base for lunch and to cool off or warm up when we go riding. When we camp in it though we cook over the fire and the oven is useless.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
@Goober a few people I know used flex seal on there roofs. Easier and cheaper to apply that rubber membrane.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s a good looking travel trailer; someone will want that one.
New ones have microprocessor controlled fridges; microwave oven. are you getting tank heaters?
We have a 97 Coachmen; it needs a new rubber roof.

Lol does anyone use the oven in their camper?

No I won't go with tank heaters. I will however get the window expanding foam and seal up around the water tank. Thats always my main concern. I've gone hunting In 14 degrees fahrenheit with no issues. I just made sure the grey water & black water tanks had plumbing antifreeze in them before I went out. The water tank was under the bed in the old one so no real issue of freezing. This new one is under the trailer & not insulated.

I myself on the old one used the Flexseal on the roof. Worked good, but I had other stuff that worked better!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i have not used flexseal. i figured it was like a Ronco product, something sold on TV, for those willing to buy. [like the spray stuff, ya put on the bald spots. paint, more or less, for your hair],, now ya cant tell i'm bald, i painted my head. :smile
what ya got @wheeler, better than flexseal? just curious, i might need it.
nice trailer
i bought a a gallon [3.6 QT], before i hurt my back, and didn't get to finish using it. Black Jack, white roof-patch, elastic crack sealer & repair. anybody know anything bout this stuff??

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have not used flexseal. i figured it was like a Ronco product, something sold on TV, for those willing to buy. [like the spray stuff, ya put on the bald spots. paint, more or less, for your hair],, now ya cant tell i'm bald, i painted my head. :smile
nice trailer
I can't remember the name, but have it at home. It's a white paint on stuff. Elastomer product. I've had good luck with it. Get it at RV dealerships. When I get home, I'll post up a pic.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Flex seal hmm that sounds good if it comes in white. I’ll replace the roof this fall. Our old wineguard TV antenna developed leaks around the base where the screws attached. The rest of it is cracking. Removed the antenna and patched the hole with a coffee can lid and hondabond.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Theres a product called leak seal here that I use, came in white, fixed the canopy and a roof leak with it 5 yrs ago now, never had a problem since.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
nice trailer
i bought a a gallon [3.6 QT], before i hurt my back, and didn't get to finish using it. Black Jack, white roof-patch, elastic crack sealer & repair. anybody know anything bout this stuff??
I can ad this, I have tried a LOT of different roof coatings over the yrs, on the old hunting camp, mobile home roofs I have worked on
to DATE< this has been the best SIMPLE stuff for the price/value

https://duckcoat.com/duck-coat-roof-coating/
lasts a long time, easy to go on and one of the very few that is good with ponding water, and doesn't break down over a few yrs or freezing thaws
BUT you do need to do some basic prep work, better you do, better it lasts, and need at least 2 coats, and 3 is WAY better too!
its NOT the cheapest stuff either, but not bad, works great at keeping heat out from HOT sunny days,almost amazing how cool it stays!

NEXT level up will be this stuff, NOT cheap, and more steps and work to do, BUT you can make it as THICK a later as you like, and it is very strong and long lasting!
ponding water approved too!

https://surecoatsystems.com/surecoat-elastomeric-roof-coating/

I have tried all the stuff local Lowes and Home depots sell, and BOTH the above are FAR better coatings by a LOT! and I have tried a bunch of other so called GOOD coatings,
the 2 above get my vote if you want it done and to last a long time before needing done again!

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Well looks like the wife & I are going to finally upgrade our 1976 Vanguard travel trailer.... This Thursday I'm picking up a new Coachman Apex Nano 245BHS. The ole girl weighs in at 3200lbs dry & new one 4600lbs dry. With the new 383 stroker, I'll defiantly have no issues towing . . . .
Cummins :dry:

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
We use lap sealant on all our camper roofs. My whole family camps so we have used it alot. Once a year we go up on all of them and seal anything that looks like a crack. Havent had a single roof leak on any camper we have had. We get it from a RV dealer.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
We use lap sealant on all our camper roofs. My whole family camps so we have used it alot. Once a year we go up on all of them and seal anything that looks like a crack. Havent had a single roof leak on any camper we have had. We get it from a RV dealer.
never hurts to go up every yr to LOOK for anything wrong, but, the point of the coatings I posted, are you can go many many yrs without ever needing to repair or fix things, as it can be a pain to find time and dry weather here , to need to fix a crack every yr!

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
never hurts to go up every yr to LOOK for anything wrong, but, the point of the coatings I posted, are you can go many many yrs without ever needing to repair or fix things, as it can be a pain to find time and dry weather here , to need to fix a crack every yr!
The places we seal arent really necessary. Just a good maintanance thing. We also clean the a/c coils off. And i know what you mean by dry weather. I didnt realize we now lived in the rain forest. We did use this stuff on an old camper we sold to a friend and he dosnt do anything but use it from time to time and he hasnt had any leaks. We replaced that whole roof and used lap sealant on the edges and it was atleast 10 years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here’s the new addition. 383 hauled this 4677lb trailer like nothing. Heading out tomorrow for the week end. Hopefully get some miles on the 300!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
nice TT bro !. butttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!..your gonna regret that slide out in no time !..lol. nothing but trouble I am forecasting in the future. every damn one with a slide out..LEAKS !!. if it dont leak ?, it wont go in and out, or..it ruins the floor it drags across ?. good luck though !.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
very nice and best of luck with it
I also have to say I think we all have a different opinion on what CAMPING is anymore ?

As what one person might call it camping another one won't
same with roughing it, what one might find as roughing it, another might call it pretty darn nice HAHA!

guess as long as everyone is happy, who cares though!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Flex seal hmm that sounds good if it comes in white. I’ll replace the roof this fall. Our old wineguard TV antenna developed leaks around the base where the screws attached. The rest of it is cracking. Removed the antenna and patched the hole with a coffee can lid and hondabond.
LOL, you might be a redneck.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
LOL, you might be a redneck.
he can't be a red neck ?..he did not mention duct-tape !..lol.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts