Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,424 Posts
vinegar , is some very useful stuff that has been around for thousands of years , my Dad was into it , I have a book that was his called " 1,000 uses for vinegar "

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
I buy the standard size 1 lb. boxes of baking soda, cheapest I can find. Same with vinegar... cheapest I can find. :)

Don't stop the process too early... rust has to be completely gone or it will come back. On your rusty tank I'd be generous with my time... waiting 6 or 7 days wouldn't bother me... cause its a closed tank with no access for wire brushing and my eyeballs... an extra day or two won't hurt anything, but stop a day too soon and rust will come right back, possibly making holes that next cycle.

Edit:
When I derusted my header pipes after 4 days they were done... I had wire brushed loose rust off of them by hand twice during those first 4 days. There was one small bracket though, that holds the heat shield on... that I could not see behind or reach with anything... so when I was confident those pipes were ready for neutralization, I left them go for one more day. Just in case the back of that bracket held rust.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts