Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 92 TRX250X that has a stock motor, shredder rear tires, a DG slip-on exhaust, after-market skid plates and Maier plastics. That's about it. I don't know much about quads, however, I thought it would be fun to try to make this thing run better with as few key and inexpensive tweaks as possible. Or possibly swap cylinders from a 300, or maybe even a 350. But then again, the combination of needing cash and not really having a suitable place to ride it makes me want to sell it.... It smokes more some days than others, depending whether I've been riding it recently or not. Also needs a sort of o-ring in the back brakes, and probably a new gas-tank valve due to leaks somewhere in that neighborhood. I have around 600-650 in it. Can I get that back out of it given the condition that it's in right now?

Thanks for any and all ideas.

enforcer485

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you could get $650 back out of it easy if that's all that is wrong with it and the engine don't knock or rattle. Smoking is not that big of a deal as long as the crank is good.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I agree with shadetree.....and welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Lmao I guess he didn't. then I agree with you!!!...I've got my mind in too many different things!!!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts