Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys and gals, i have a problem and this is the place to be. Got a 06 trx 450er, pulled the moter off and powder coated the frame and added some more parts. The only moter work i did this time was go from a big gun evox full exhaust to a fmf power bomb header and a 4.1 slip on. My header was cherry red immeadiatly after like 30 seconds. I also took the radiator off, and now run leaded 112 cam 2 instaed of 100 unleaded. Any ideas, i read in the book u are supposed to bleed the radiator, hope this is the fix but really dont know heres what else my moter has:

06 trx 450er
baldwin 13.1 high compression piston
baldwin race cam
boyeson quickshot
pro comp rev box
fmf full exhaust
uni filter...no lid
180 main jet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its cheaper than the 100 octane unleaded u think that could have something to do eith it. Everyone i talk to sats it shouldny affect it

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Maybe, I don't know anything about leaded fuel. It may have something to do with it and it could be to do with the jetting. With the exhaust change and the fuel change it probly has something to do with the jetting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would i still have to bleed the radiator you think all the book says is run it without the cap on, what if the caps on after filling the coolant wont circulate

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Is the pipe glowing red at the bend close to the head, and was it night when you noticed it and a new pipe? your jetting is close i was running a 185 main with a LRD Pro 4 full exhaust and no lid on the air box and a stage 2 hot cam with a 13-5-1 J&E piston and at night the pipe would golw red enough to light a cig on it but after a while it quit glowing. but now i run a 14-1 full DASA exhaust and a 208 web cam and a DASA 43.25 carb with a 210main jet check you intake boot at the carb and head for sucking air it might be leaning out, does it just glow at idle or at open throttle? i run VP 110 fuel straight. and welcome to the forums its good to have another 450 Sport quad rider here!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts