Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
welcome, no..parts will not swap out, not direct bolt on anyway..lol. too some it up ?, they are two different machines.

· Premium Member
12,712 Posts
the only parts I can think of that could be useable : the master cylinder , left brake lever , lug nuts , the bumpers on the ends of the hand grips and the hand grips --- could that 88 300 be close to New Orleans by any chance ? I might be interested in it

· Registered
124 Posts
the only parts I can think of that could be useable : the master cylinder , left brake lever , lug nuts , the bumpers on the ends of the hand grips and the hand grips --- could that 88 300 be close to New Orleans by any chance ? I might be interested in it
Manitoba is a Native American word (I think). Also thought all the place names in Louisiana were french or ended in '-EAUX' :grin

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
No it’s up in Manitoba (Canada) all it needs is a reverse idler shaft and a gear in the tranny , was hoping parts were interchangeable but if not maybe I can get it running.
300’s are one of the best ATV’s to start work on if your unsure of the task ahead, there very basic, have no electronic components and parts are plentiful and available at fair prices.
One thing to be aware of with Gen1 (88-92) 300’s is parts availability, some parts are no longer available and some aren’t interchangeable.
If I had to advise anybody on buying a 300 I would say avoid Gen1 (88-92) models and opt for Gen2 & 3 (93-00).

Remember help is always on hand here, lots of 300 Guru’s :)

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
No it’s up in Manitoba (Canada) all it needs is a reverse idler shaft and a gear in the tranny , was hoping parts were interchangeable but if not maybe I can get it running.
300’s are one of the best ATV’s to start work on if your unsure of the task ahead, there very basic, have no electronic components and parts are plentiful and available at fair prices.
One thing to be aware of with Gen1 (88-92) 300’s is parts availability, some parts are no longer available and some aren’t interchangeable.
If I had to advise anybody on buying a 300 I would say avoid Gen1 (88-92) models and opt for Gen2 & 3 (93-00).

Remember help is always on hand here, lots of 300 Guru’s :)
welllllllllllll..your ALMOST RIGHT ?!..LOL the trx300's ( all years ) DO USE, AND HAVE ELECTRONICS !, does c.d.i's ring a bell ??..how about stators, reg/rec's ? pick up coils ?. yes..i'm getting tech here, but you get the idea..lol.

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Haha, this is going to be a US v UK debate! Electronics we would class as sensors etc electrics we would class as a CDI a stator etc.
What I meant was, basic electrical system rather than a more complex electronic system.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Haha, this is going to be a US v UK debate! Electronics we would class as sensors etc electrics we would class as a CDI a stator etc.
What I meant was, basic electrical system rather than a more complex electronic system.
pretty much...lol. any time I see someone mention electronics on a atv ?, this means ..EVERY ELECTRONIC PART !!. now..if you want to go old school ?, think back when honda used the point system !!..lol.

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
pretty much...lol. any time I see someone mention electronics on a atv ?, this means ..EVERY ELECTRONIC PART !!. now..if you want to go old school ?, think back when honda used the point system !!..lol.
Ooh, points! Such a simple design and so easy to work with though, love my 1968 Land Rover with this system. If it acts up, bit of sandpaper between the contacts and usually problem solved LOL.

If I’m totally honest I don’t know of any Honda with a points system, you’ll now be thinking silently ‘the youth of today’! Haha!

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Ooh, points! Such a simple design and so easy to work with though, love my 1968 Land Rover with this system. If it acts up, bit of sandpaper between the contacts and usually problem solved LOL.

If I’m totally honest I don’t know of any Honda with a points system, you’ll now be thinking silently ‘the youth of today’! Haha!
well, some of the old atc 70's had them, then the early atc 110's had them, and if my memory is still good ? ( doesn't say much..lol ), I think some of the early atc 200's had points back then ? ( i've slept sense then..lol ).

Reactions: SamUK

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Not many ATC’s over here to be honest, when you donsee them they come in two forms, total wrecks beyond rebuild or absolutely mint but you need a mortgage to buy one! Never seem to see an in between with these, hence not knowing much about them lol.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Not many ATC’s over here to be honest, when you donsee them they come in two forms, total wrecks beyond rebuild or absolutely mint but you need a mortgage to buy one! Never seem to see an in between with these, hence not knowing much about them lol.
lots of atcs over here..and still running at that !. I grew up around them ( should give ya my age huh ?..lol ). my very first atc was an atc200es, it was free !, came with new oem honda parts ( the owner was not mech inclined ), thats where it all began for me to restore atcs, atvs.

Reactions: SamUK

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank for all the info guys! I think I’ll be sticking with my 350’s till I come across a deal. Found a quad for 140$ had a cracked piston head but everything else is there

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.