Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just got myself a 2013 trx500 fpa hydrostatic quad. Looking forward to be told ohhhh would not have bought a hydrostatic etc :grin. Not that mechanically minded but ask me about dewalt tools I’m ok there. Don,t mind messing with things, mainly things attached to bike or to the engine but not too keen on opening up engines. Bike is a bit of a high miler but it was a good price. Need it to towa 230kg flail mower around the field.

· Premium Member
947 Posts
Welcome to the forums

· Registered
8,309 Posts
welcome to the site and best of luck with the new to you atv!
I would highly suggest running GOOD syn oil in it, if your using to tow a mower, that is a LOT of slower going work and makes a LOT of heat without much air flow to kelp with cooling!

· Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Welcome to the board.

The early Rubicons had issues, but the 05-14 seem to hold up well.

I finally snagged one after badmouthing them for years. My father in law has 13K on his 06, and I have a couple of friends who have them and they've held up well over time.

The one I picked up was super cheap and had electrical issues and a screwed up frame (swing arm bolt threads were gone). The electrical issue turned out to be a bad connector on a wiring harness. I just replaced the harness with a used one and haven't had any trouble of out it since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.