Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shop Face Book Market Place several times a days looking for deals. Last night a "pristine" 2017 420 comes up for $4000 dollars. He said don't low ball him on the price. I want it but not really ready to spend any big amount right now. This morning it was still available........I was surprised because it is a good deal and it sounded like he would entertain offers. So I messaged him saying this is the exact wheeler I've been looking for my wife but I only will offer $3400. He said he will take the deal. I'm exited and a little sad at the same time because it's a great deal but how do I explain it to my wife when she gets back in town in a few days and I've spent some big money! LOL Well if I'm meant to have it it will be mine this evening.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
best of luck, hope there isn;t any reason he is letting it go so cheap!

lots of bad dishonest sellers out there selling sunk atv's
all the more so after all the flooding this past yr

be sure to post pic's after you get it too, we all like [pic's of atv's here !

·
Super Moderator
36,754 Posts
I normally get gun shy when I see a asking price set so low ?. this makes me wonder that 64,000 dollar question...WHY SO CHEAP ?..hmmmm. well...good luck..i hope its worth it to spend a few nights in the dog house ?!..lol.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys, it was pristine.........almost showroom! I pulled out the money and he can't find the title! The ad said "title in hand". So I left. The seller felt real bad, said he would knock $200 for my trouble. I'm waiting for him to call the dealership He bought it from and get some advice as to what to do next. So the deal just gets better! LOL I will buy it when the title in "in hand"

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
herein PA< titles come from the DMV, dealers have rather NOTHING to do with them unless there NEW or atv's in there possession and then there treated just like a basic citizen looking for a new title!
Here you fill out a form,(who you got it from, costs of items and so on, real simple)
the DVM runs a check, if NOT stolen or a lien on it, reported as TOTALED< from an insurance claim or??
they just issue US(you) a NEW title, I have done this several times over the yrs!
but every state has its own rules. if seller isn;t up to how to, , maybe if you find out, you can help him make it happen if you really want it!
tell him close add till title is there too! so no one else streps in on your deal LOL

NOW< also,

if the guy is willing, maybe get the VIN # and if your friendly with any police, ask the=m to run the vin(I also know there are some online vin searches that turn some tings up too)
stolen atv's are more common than you think, as are one's with liens still on them

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything seems to be ok, the seller is just disorganized. He said He's moved twice since the purchase (he was in a new home). He seems to really like me and he was genuinely embarrassed about the whole thing.........we'll see! LOL

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got off the phone with the seller. Supposedly the title is at the dealership but no one was there to say anything more detailed so I guess if everything turns out well I will have it on Tuesday.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
I just got off the phone with the seller. Supposedly the title is at the dealership but no one was there to say anything more detailed so I guess if everything turns out well I will have it on Tuesday.
I hope it is there for you, but why in the heck would a dealer still have a owners title, and why would he have said, HAVE TITLE IN HAND< if they never gave it to him, the moving, sounds like possible, things happen, but again to me wouldn;t explain WHY a dealer would have the title ,
as this is a 2017, so its a few yrs now since new?? tax time they would have found it and gave to owner a long time ago, or they would here!

and if he DID have it and it got lost when moving?? how it back at dealer? was there a loan and he still owes them money on it?

sounds fishy to me,??

still hoping for the best for you though!

·
Super Moderator
36,754 Posts
I hope it is there for you, but why in the heck would a dealer still have a owners title, and why would he have said, HAVE TITLE IN HAND< if they never gave it to him, the moving, sounds like possible, things happen, but again to me wouldn;t explain WHY a dealer would have the title ,
as this is a 2017, so its a few yrs now since new?? tax time they would have found it and gave to owner a long time ago, or they would here!

and if he DID have it and it got lost when moving?? how it back at dealer? was there a loan and he still owes them money on it?

sounds fishy to me,??

still hoping for the best for you though!
my first thought as well ^^^ , WHY THE HELL DOES THE DEALER HAVE THE TITLE IF IT WAS PAID FOR ????????????. no dealer keeps titles ( and they are not titles ..they are bill of origin in most states ). gonna watch this thread, I am like you..sounds wayyyyyyyyyy too fishy, which would explain the cheap price !!!.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts