Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Looking at picking up a 2009 foreman today. The current owner is telling me it does not shift using the automatic shifting. I been reading the forums quite a bit about it possibly being the angle sensor. Questions I have that I can't seem to find:

How can I determine the error code when I arrive?
Is there some basic advice y'all have I can look at to make sure this isn't a much bigger issue?
If the angle sensor is to blame what is the fix?
Lastly does anyone have the service/repair manual for this model they can share?

Thanks in advance guys!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hello everyone!

Looking at picking up a 2009 foreman today. The current owner is telling me it does not shift using the automatic shifting. I been reading the forums quite a bit about it possibly being the angle sensor. Questions I have that I can't seem to find:

How can I determine the error code when I arrive?
Is there some basic advice y'all have I can look at to make sure this isn't a much bigger issue?
If the angle sensor is to blame what is the fix?
Lastly does anyone have the service/repair manual for this model they can share?

Thanks in advance guys!!
If he is saying it has automatic shifting, then it is a 2009 Foreman Rubicon, and not just a plain Foreman. You might want to ask for sure or have him send you some pictures you can post here for us to help you identify. The Rubicons in 2009 had the hydrostatic hondamatic transmission. The Foreman and Foreman ES have gear on gear transmission.

Reactions: Goober

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alright I have my facts straight.

It's a 2009 trx500fpe9 foreman.
The shifting buttons on the handle don't work. The codes on my new quad now read 13 flashes on the gear. From what I see it looks like the throttle position sensor. Also something of interest is the carb was just changed out. Wondering if maybe the sensor needs readjustment?

Anyone know where to get the repair manual as I read some half steps on using a multimeter to check resistance and adjustment of the screw?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Alright I have my facts straight.

It's a 2009 trx500fpe9 foreman.
The shifting buttons on the handle don't work. The codes on my new quad now read 13 flashes on the gear. From what I see it looks like the throttle position sensor. Also something of interest is the carb was just changed out. Wondering if maybe the sensor needs readjustment?

Anyone know where to get the repair manual as I read some half steps on using a multimeter to check resistance and adjustment of the screw?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Ok so it's not the Rubicon then, it's a regular Foreman 4x4 with Electric Shift and power steering.

Here's the service manual: Service Manual Downloads

Reactions: Killahbyte
1 - 5 of 5 Posts