Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a set of Interco swamp lite tires for my 2016 rubicon deluxe. The original tires were 25x8x12 (F) and 25x10x12 (R). The new tires are 27x10x12 (F) and 27x12x12 (R) and mounted to the original rims. When on a level garage floor the front tires are higher than the back roughly 1". Not sure why the difference? Any insight greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
805 Posts
That's kinda common with rear wide tires.
To make the tires as close as possible run the fronts at 3-4 psi and the rears at 5-6, this will get the heights closer.
The 27x9 and 27x11 zillas on stock rims I had on my last atv were like this too. I ran more psi in the rears and you could hardly tell.

If it really bothers you, get 7 inch wide after market rims for the front, this will make the front tires close to an inch shorter than they are on the factory 6 inch wide wheels.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kinda common with rear wide tires.
To make the tires as close as possible run the fronts at 3-4 psi and the rears at 5-6, this will get the heights closer.
The 27x9 and 27x11 zillas on stock rims I had on my last atv were like this too. I ran more psi in the rears and you could hardly tell.

If it really bothers you, get 7 inch wide after market rims for the front, this will make the front tires close to an inch shorter than they are on the factory 6 inch wide wheels.
Thanks for the reply, I checked the factory specs and for the rims it says 12x7 front and rear but the rear rim is definately wider. I figured they'd be all the same? I'll definately play with the air pressure.

Thanks for the reply

· Registered
40 Posts
I recently purchased a set of Interco swamp lite tires for my 2016 rubicon deluxe. The original snaptube vidmate tires were 25x8x12 (F) and 25x10x12 (R). The new tires are 27x10x12 (F) and 27x12x12 (R) and mounted to the original rims. When on a level garage floor the front tires are higher than the back roughly 1". Not sure why the difference? Any insight greatly appreciated.
that's a normal situation for the wide tires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts