Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going guys. Looking to purchase some new tires for my 2016 rancher for the spring. I am trying to choose between zillas, bear claw htr, and mudlite xtr. I am going to up to 26/9/12 for the front and 26/11/12 for the rears. Whats everyones experience with these tires. I live in New Hampshire so there is all types of terrain. I can go from hard pack and rocks to deep mud holes and sand all in one ride. So looking for a tire that will be the most versatile for any type of terrain.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have two '13 Ranchers, one with 25" tires and have Bear Claws all the way around the other one has the stock 24" tires with Bear Claws on the back and Swamp Fox on the front. The Swamp Fox were at 95% when I bought it otherwise would have replaced them with the Bear Claws. The one with Bear Claws all the way around has two seasons on the tires and they wear great and I have been extremely happy with the traction for where I ride. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't have any advice, as I'm still running the original tires on my 2016 Rancher. But I'd like to know what you end up with and how you like them. I really like the stock tires because:
1. They are light, and light generally increases performance in every way.
2. They are soft, and I like a cushy compliant ride. I've heard from other Rancher owners that hard 6-plys adversely affect ride quality.
3. I rarely have clearance issues in the terrains I ride in.
4. I like how the mud stays under the fenders rather than flipping all over me and the quad.
5. I like the lower center of gravity and how the quad corners and side-hills.

But I still wonder about whether I will go with a larger/thicker tire when mine are worn out...and they're wearing out fast because I ride a lot. Like you, I'm curious to see what people recommend.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The one Rancher had the Bear Claws on it Brand new when I bought it and the other one the rear originals were so worn out that I didn't have a choice but to replace them plus the right rear had a spike in it. If you look close the tread isn't the greatest. So I haven't ridden anything but the Bear Claws, Original or otherwise.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
I know nothing of tires so...
The Bear claws are on close out here Dirt Bike & Motocross Online Store | MotoSport

My 16 rancher had 3 thorns after the first ride, one front and one back flat. New tires bought at almost half of what the others are going for. I also bought the foreman rear wheels from honda. I went up one inch, the BC run small so I'm told. Feels the same as it did new

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Creed, I will definitely let you know what I choose to get for a tire. I will be going with something bigger than stock because once spring comes up here the ruts get real bad and I found myself using the winch a lot last year because I kept on bottoming out.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
From what u mentioned... Zilla for the win!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.