Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
You use the smaller gear.. 82 I think it would be, cant run the bronze bushings though, not that it matters.

Then of course you can go one tooth smaller again on the primary using the same basket (BB) and have 89%.
That’s pretty much as low geared as you can go without machining the crank.

·
Premium Member
12,279 Posts
I have seen either 95 or 96% ( might be another 1/2 size ) cause some called it either way ---------------- so they are machining the crank to achieve that ?

People go all out to be different and get that little edge , would guess over 100% is coming one day

thinking out loud , I wonder if this could work , a gear reduction installed at the output shaft of the engine , kind of like the old school ATC200 had , where you could flip a lever and get reduction

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes, it’s like 95.5% only a two teeth less than I mentioned above, I’m pretty sure they are machining cranks to achieve that though. Going a bit far if you ask me.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
5 Participants
SamUK
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing