Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Normally I quote everyones response and respond individually, but if I did, this post would take up the whole page :D

Ok. Here we go.

@UnkleRaRa - Can you give me a screenshot of what you are seeing? My posts are showing up properly separated and no issue with viewing. Let me know.
The old way shows the threads within grey boxes helping keep them separate from the background, and the boxes from left to right were different shades of grey to help them stand out.

With the new layout, everything is the same shade of white, including the background, and IMHO, it makes them harder to see as separate threads.

It's not that they are not showing up properly, just that they don't appear to be as neatly organized as before.... again, IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
Normally I quote everyones response and respond individually, but if I did, this post would take up the whole page :D

Ok. Here we go.

@UnkleRaRa - Can you give me a screenshot of what you are seeing? My posts are showing up properly separated and no issue with viewing. Let me know.
The old way shows the threads within grey boxes helping keep them separate from the background, and the boxes from left to right were different shades of grey to help them stand out.

With the new layout, everything is the same shade of white, including the background, and IMHO, it makes them harder to see as separate threads.

It's not that they are not showing up properly, just that they don't appear to be as neatly organized as before.... again, IMHO.
yep, that was the very first thing I noticed, was hard on these old eyes..lol.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Same here^^^^^^ eyes ain't what they used to be, lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't know why but this forum refuses to take my password from yesterday. I have to reset it every time I log in. And yes I write it down and it auto saves on my iPad but this forum won't ever accept them. Arrrgggg

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
Don't know why but this forum refuses to take my password from yesterday. I have to reset it every time I log in. And yes I write it down and it auto saves on my iPad but this forum won't ever accept them. Arrrgggg
I get on here with my pc, no problems with me logging on, but then again, I don't log out !..lol.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Exactly the same here! Thank you for bringing this up!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Reel sore i just stay signed in like shade does, one day last week i couldn't get on come h**l or high water! Thing works fine every place sept here, it might be with the resent up dates to the forums ? Anyways i dont sign out any more......maybe someone else can add a FIX to this problem :)

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I didn't like the new look. I'm used too, and like the old look. So I changed it back to Classic view!!!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Great improvements on the site. I'm sure after everyone gets used to the layout we'll all be much better off!

I noticed some issues when videos are implemented in the thread. For example, take a look at this post and try to scroll all the way down:
http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/honda-fourtrax/94210-wood-cutting-mounting-bracket.html

I have Google chrome, shouldn't matter too much! But on the old version, as soon as a video was inserted it became all whacky. On this new version, it seems better, until you scroll to the bottom.
This was fixed yesterday. If anyone sees their Youtube videos posted as a link instead of an actual video, ping a mod/admin and we'll fix it.

(We removed the old way of youtubes being posted since it was conflicting with the other plugins)

Mods - Remove the tags from the link and it will auto-embed. [QUOTE="UnkleRaRa, post: 881033, member: 77689"][QUOTE="VS_Goose, post: 880945, member: 54786"]Normally I quote everyones response and respond individually, but if I did, this post would take up the whole page :D Ok. Here we go. [USER=77689]@UnkleRaRa[/USER] - Can you give me a screenshot of what you are seeing? My posts are showing up properly separated and no issue with viewing. Let me know.[/quote] The old way shows the threads within grey boxes helping keep them separate from the background, and the boxes from left to right were different shades of grey to help them stand out. [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/wmi9dx.jpg[/IMG] With the new layout, everything is the same shade of white, including the background, and IMHO, it makes them harder to see as separate threads. [IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2hnb7f4.jpg[/IMG] It's not that they are not showing up properly, just that they don't appear to be as neatly organized as before.... again, IMHO.[/QUOTE] I misunderstood. That is the standard layout, but I will see if we can tweak it a little. [QUOTE="ReelSore, post: 881353, member: 40252"]Don't know why but this forum refuses to take my password from yesterday. I have to reset it every time I log in. And yes I write it down and it auto saves on my iPad but this forum won't ever accept them. Arrrgggg[/quote] When you open the site, allow up to 15 seconds to login. This will ensure the site is fully loaded before logging in. Let me know if this helps. [QUOTE="wheeler, post: 881794, member: 2664"]I didn't like the new look. I'm used too, and like the old look. So I changed it back to Classic view!!!!![/quote] Thanks for giving it a shot anyways!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
An advanced notice would have been nice. I thought something was wrong at first. I don't like it right now because it seems much more difficult but let me learn it better then I may change my mind.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Sweet, the videos work nice. I'm getting used to the website and it's better than the old one.

Although, as @UnkleRaRa mentioned, it is a bit hard on the eyes to see if a post has been "read" or "unread". I'm sure a little tweaking of CSS will do the trick!

Good job on the feedback.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
How do you do that, the @ ???????????? bit ?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Oh yeeeeesssss :) I am da man

Cheers Jay

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Something else i noticed, when your post gets quoted , they made changes to the notification menu i LIKE! Keeps things moving right along, and better organized , IMO .

·
Registered
169 Posts
Still had to reset password again today to log in. I willing to bet if I close this now and come back it will have me log back into it and I'll have to go through the process of resetting the password again. PIA

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Still had to reset password again today to log in. I willing to bet if I close this now and come back it will have me log back into it and I'll have to go through the process of resetting the password again. PIA
Doesn't make much sense, idk if thats a site issue or a browser issue. Have you tried using another browser or PC?

41 - 60 of 149 Posts