Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,192 Posts
Appreciate the thought but definitely do not like it, I agree with Shade if it aint broke don't fix it. But as usual, just when I get comfortable and used to something in this life, someone figures they can always make it better and changes it to make it a total pain in the ass. Oh well, I guess if I want to continue to be a part of this great group of guys I'll have to stumble through this mess and figure it out one way or another. How exactly can I get back to the old format?
scroll down the page, bottom left of screen, drop down menu, click it, click classic view :).

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Appreciate the thought but definitely do not like it, I agree with Shade if it aint broke don't fix it. But as usual, just when I get comfortable and used to something in this life, someone figures they can always make it better and changes it to make it a total pain in the ass. Oh well, I guess if I want to continue to be a part of this great group of guys I'll have to stumble through this mess and figure it out one way or another. How exactly can I get back to the old format?
scroll down the page, bottom left of screen, drop down menu, click it, click classic view :).
Any one have ANY idea how to change it back on an ipad ? ....

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I thought it was busted too. Ill get used to it. Life is good, so is the site.
You should give classic a try, THANK YOU shady, NOW it feels like home again! Some changes..... In classic i say okay.

·
Super Moderator
37,192 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
First impression is FAR better. Especially the top bar with Honda's current models, and good graphics.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
What about. Putting the atv contest of the month back on the side bar ?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Some changes are good, and others not so much.

I don't like how the "Today's posts" page lays out the threads with everything white.

It's harder to separate the threads visually.

Also, the boxes should keep the grey tint to them to keep them separate from the background of the page.

Also, "Today's Posts" should go back to just "new posts" so that people can see posts that are new, but older than a day.

I will be sticking with the old look and feel for now.

P.S, younger new member here, so age is irrelevant lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Normally I quote everyones response and respond individually, but if I did, this post would take up the whole page :D

Ok. Here we go.

@machinecrook - I have tech looking into it right now, and I think it's already been fixed. Had a plugin causing a conflict, so we're taking care of that.

@shadetree - Old one wasnt broken, so we didnt fix it, just added a new optional coat of paint ;)

- You're only as old as you feel.

- We men never grow up, we just grow older eh? :D

@mac102004 - You should try it out apart from Tapatalk. You're missing out all the pretty colours.

@SamUK - Thanks for giving it a shot anyways and proving some feedback. Appreciate it.

@fishfiles - Well thats embarassing. I use that as a template for all my sites so I dont have to type it out each time. Guess I missed one. Ill fix that.

To everyone - If you want to change back to the old skin, you can use the skin chooser at the bottom of the page (This is cookie based so its temporary) or you can change it in your User CP (Permanent)

@creed82 - Quite fond of the new banner. Our creative people sure did a number on it, looks sharp.

@jay10 - Can you clarify? Do you mean having the ROTM in the sidebar where Recent Discussions is? It would have to be posted in to end up there.

@UnkleRaRa - Can you give me a screenshot of what you are seeing? My posts are showing up properly separated and no issue with viewing. Let me know.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Thank you goose, after getting the classic look back thanks to rodp , shade , and freedomflyer, i think it's fine, i don't mind going to th > atv forums < link to get to the member of the month contest, when i 1st loged in yesterday, i couldn't find that link at all, that being stated, I'd say it might have been more of a shock, to some of us older fellows such a major change, I'd say I'm good with it now, besides there will always be someone to bump THAT string up :) I'm good to go, like i said before nice work guys!

·
Super Moderator
37,192 Posts
lol goose. ok, after spending some time messing with the '' new '' paint ?, I must agree with the others that liked the old style. i'll give you credit for every ones hard work they put into the '' new '' paint !..lol. i'm just too old fashion !!, if it works ?, leave it alone !..lol. not saying it was not working ?..IT WAS !. but like everything else in todays world ?, some people think it will be better if it gets changed ?, and it will be better ?. well..i hate to break it to those folks, but some things should not be touched !..lmfao. prime example, carbs went to fuel injection ?, they claim it's suppose to be 100% better all around ?,well..let me tell ya.thanks to the EPA, the government , god knows who all else ?, telling us it's better for mpg, air, all that crap ?, thing is, unless your a top notch auto mechanic, and knows how to work on fuel injection ?, and has the high dollar tools to do so ?, your screwed !, not everyone knows how to work on fuel injection ?, it's a money game !. if simple works ?..LEAVE IT ALONE !..LOL. don't change something just because it's dull ?, out dated ?, what ever ?, if it's broke ?..fine..fix it, change it, but don't go changing it, just because it's what everyone else is doing ?!..lol. I like simple, simple works, that's my .02s worth. again..wonderful job on the change, if you like it ?, cool !, me ?, meh..I've decided to use the old style :).

21 - 40 of 149 Posts