Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just asking around if anyone had come across any power steering faults with the new hondas? I have currently come across 3 with the light appearing on randomly.
IMG_5942.JPG
It looks like ecu faults. I have erased and reset power steering on them and they have both faulted again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
No power steering faults on my 2015 Foreman 500 yet. The picture you attached says power relay stuck on. Did you follow up on that by testing or replacing that relay?

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
The relay appears to be in the ecu

nah, Honda won't put relays in the ecu's. they will be mounted under the fuel tank, or somewhere near the battery, or on the frame somewhere, but not inside the ecu.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Trx 90, you may be right about that relay being inside the EPS ECU. DTC 14-01 is described on page 26-16 of the service manual for my 2015 Foreman as EPS ECU internal circuit (power relay stuck on). To trouble shoot it, the service manual then sends you to DTC 13-01 on page 26-14. There are some good trouble shooting steps on that page for you to follow. I hope that helps you out. If you don't have the factory service manual, you can download it for free in the Honda ATV Schematics/Manual Help section of this forum. What model and year of machine do you have?

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
An internal relay in the ECU implies that it is likely an electronic relay type (solid state, non-mechanical) which would be non-serviceable. Hope not... The FSM is HERE for 2014 models... no idea if those ECUs and controls are the same as '16s. Keep us updated if you can...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hello, just asking around if anyone had come across any power steering faults with the new hondas? I have currently come across 3 with the light appearing on randomly.
View attachment 77385
It looks like ecu faults. I have erased and reset power steering on them and they have both faulted again.

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm not much good to you. My power steering (TRX420FA2) on my 2016 Rancher has been flawless. Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah a couple, turns out there is an ecu that has a wider working range

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Is Honda superceding part numbers on the improved ECU? Just wondering if ya gotta ask for a particular one or not...

Thanks for this info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts