Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
Yeah, that looks great. It's hard to get every little wrinkle out. Did you use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat the cover before you stretched it? If not, try that the next time. It will make it easier to stretch and get all the wrinkles out. But it looks great to me.

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah we used a hair dryer, and Lauras mom actually sewed a "sock" on the front so there is a seam across the front like the factory one. I think after it wears in a little it will be about perfect. the "bubble" in the bottom of the curve is where the factory foam was a little gone but I put a piece of new foam over the top for a little more padding.

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
Yeah, it looks great. That's about as good as you can get one. Great job.

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
Thanks! I know its not perfect but I think it looks good. Way better than what it did look like. Plus its pretty damn comfy too! :tongue:
In my post, the way I worded it, I made it sound like it wasn't done good, but I didn't mean it to sound that way. It may not be perfect, but it's close. Looks great.

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I know its not perfect but I think it looks good. Way better than what it did look like. Plus its pretty damn comfy too! :tongue:
In my post, the way I worded it, I made it sound like it wasn't done good, but I didn't mean it to sound that way. It may not be perfect, but it's close. Looks great.
Oh no I didn't take it that way. Thanks for the complement!

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
i need to do mine lol but i have to figure out how and what i need to
it's not hard to do at all..it looks hard..but..it's really not..go to your local hobby shop if you have one...get some new fabric..some foam..some spray on glue..find a air stapler ..air compresser..with 3/4 staples. < these work best >..heat gun or hair dryer..< heat gun works alot faster >..lay out the fabric..make sure it covers the whole seat enough to leave to trim off once it's covered...lay your foam down in the low spots if your just fixing the worn spots < this is alot easier this way..than doing the whole seat >..after you get the foam down..spray the glue on top of the foam..cover the whole seat with the glue....lay the fabric down on the seat..try not to press down anywhere with the fabric..flip the seat over..up side down..tack one side in a few places about 3/4 of an inch from the edge, now..flip the seat back over..reheat the center alittle..quickly flip the seat back over up side down..pull as much of the fabric over to the other side as you can..tack it just like you did on the other side..try not to tack the very corners when you do the sides..this will make getting the wrinkles out of the corners when you get to it...now..flip the seat right side up..reheat the back end..quickly flip seat over..pull as much fabric to the rear center as you can..tack it in a few places..leave the corners alone for now...now..flip the seat right side up..reheat the front..do it just like you done the back end...now comes the fun part..lol..work one corner at a time..don't rush it..it will look much better if you take your time...flip the seat right side up..heat just one corner alittle..quickly flip it up side down...stretch the very center of the corner.tack it in the very center..work your way around the corner..pulling the fabric..and tacking it as you go..make sure to pull it as you tack it..now..you got the basics of it..finish the other 3 corners..after your all tacked up..take a hobby knife..trim off the extra over hang..and yer good to go.

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
it's not hard to do at all..it looks hard..but..it's really not..go to your local hobby shop if you have one...get some new fabric..some foam..some spray on glue..find a air stapler ..air compresser..with 3/4 staples. < these work best >..heat gun or hair dryer..< heat gun works alot faster >..lay out the fabric..make sure it covers the whole seat enough to leave to trim off once it's covered...lay your foam down in the low spots if your just fixing the worn spots < this is alot easier this way..than doing the whole seat >..after you get the foam down..spray the glue on top of the foam..cover the whole seat with the glue....lay the fabric down on the seat..try not to press down anywhere with the fabric..flip the seat over..up side down..tack one side in a few places about 3/4 of an inch from the edge, now..flip the seat back over..reheat the center alittle..quickly flip the seat back over up side down..pull as much of the fabric over to the other side as you can..tack it just like you did on the other side..try not to tack the very corners when you do the sides..this will make getting the wrinkles out of the corners when you get to it...now..flip the seat right side up..reheat the back end..quickly flip seat over..pull as much fabric to the rear center as you can..tack it in a few places..leave the corners alone for now...now..flip the seat right side up..reheat the front..do it just like you done the back end...now comes the fun part..lol..work one corner at a time..don't rush it..it will look much better if you take your time...flip the seat right side up..heat just one corner alittle..quickly flip it up side down...stretch the very center of the corner.tack it in the very center..work your way around the corner..pulling the fabric..and tacking it as you go..make sure to pull it as you tack it..now..you got the basics of it..finish the other 3 corners..after your all tacked up..take a hobby knife..trim off the extra over hang..and yer good to go.
Just wanted to add one thing to that. When you staple around the edges, angle your staples so that they don't come out the sides of the seat or come close to the edges. If they do, when you sit down on the seat they will come through.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Just wanted to add one thing to that. When you staple around the edges, angle your staples so that they don't come out the sides of the seat or come close to the edges. If they do, when you sit down on the seat they will come through.
ah..good point..lol..i forgot to mention that !!.lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.