Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 ES and I want some input on a few performance mod. I'm a member of the Corvette forum so I know these post can be very opinionated. I dont mind, the more the better. I want to go with a lift kit and probably some wheels and tires.

Also, I want to go with a louder, better performance exhaust. I heard good things about HMF. And if I do with the HMP, is the optimizer a requirement? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Any mods done to the intake or exhaust of your quad will require additional fuel added into the mixture. These quads do not have an o2 sensor so you have to manually adjust the amount of fuel you are letting in. Obviously you cannot change jets on a fuel injected machine so you need the optimizer to add the fuel. If you don't you will be running lean which is horrible for these machines.

HMF is great!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have an 09 AT and installed an HMF pipe and optimizer that was the best mod I have done so far. has the power to turn my 27" zillas and still climb hills and crawl throw the muck better than with the stock tires .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Please keep your neighbors and community in mind when going for the "louder" exhaust.

I have worked 3rd shift for years, we have a couple yahoos in our neighborhood who removed the spark arrester from their mufflers, and boy oh boy are they annoying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Please keep your neighbors and community in mind when going for the "louder" exhaust.

I have worked 3rd shift for years, we have a couple yahoos in our neighborhood who removed the spark arrester from their mufflers, and boy oh boy are they annoying.
ya i agree ive been on overnights the past 5 years and i hate waking up to my idiot neighbor reving the shit out of his shelby cobra just for fun i had to have alittle talk with him about it ..
good luck with the build

1 - 5 of 5 Posts