Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

We recently experienced several unexplained thread deletions in the forums. So as a possible workaround to prevent that from happening again, the site Admin has applied a 10 minute time limit rule to edits of all post submissions.

What this means is that each member has got 10 minutes to edit his/her new post(s) submission to make any corrections, add info, photos or links etc., then their post will be locked.

If/when the member decides to edit one of their posts after 10 minutes has passed, he/she will have to ask a Moderator or Admin to perform those post edits for them.

We hope the edit timer helps to solve an apparent problem with the site permissions configuration. This was probably the easiest method for the Admins... since nothing was actually fixed.

Please let us know how you feel about this restriction on edits...? Is 10 minutes enough time? Should the timer be adjusted higher? Lower? Is this a dumb idea? Got any better ideas? If you have any comments or suggestions please share them! :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
If you have any comments or suggestions please share them! :)

Thanks!
I was wondering if you could edit your quotes, to keep from having the whole original message duplicated. And it looks like that won't be effected.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Having the edit timer is what GC has had for years. Surprising this site did not have a timer until now, beings they have the same site owner.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
with my dyslexia, and the SO many times i banged my head against something solid, not to mention brain attacks,[strokes]... i think moderators, or admin., are going to be rather busy--- --- --- --- --- --- [visual of busy signal]
sometimes i revisit a thread, well over many times.

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem LedFTed! Mods don't have much to do around here anyway. Edit all ya want... if ya get tired of sending PMs we'll extend the timer or something. Maybe we can just skip that nonsense and vote ya in as a mod!?!? :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have no problem with the 10 minute time and I noticed it was in effect yesterday. Most boards have a timer and I've been surprised this one did not.

I'll just have to start wearing my glasses and looking at the screen while I type. Oh, and proof it before I post. The auto-correct/spelling makes changes I don't notice. Actually, that could be a good excuse to use when I offer really bad advice to an unsuspecting poster. :)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I looked for my post about ( not being able to edit ) ^^^ answered, timed post IS, a good idea.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
No problem LedFTed! Mods don't have much to do around here anyway. Edit all ya want... if ya get tired of sending PMs we'll extend the timer or something. Maybe we can just skip that nonsense and vote ya in as a mod!?!? :)
only if i am i am a mod, for my own posts. even then, i might have to get a real mod to step in, on occasion. :grin

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
As i stated..... This is a good idea.... I'm just suggesting ..... Maybe a bit longer .... Say 20, or 30 minutes ? Yaw know my lack of typing skill (hen and peck typing)

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as I know the timer can be extended by an Admin... up to a certain value..? I'm not 100% sure, but if you folks feel like you'd be more comfortable with 30 minutes than 10, I think @VS_Goose might be able to do that for us if we asked him. Anyone else care to share an opinion on this?

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
is this per individual, or for all? when i first joined, not many could understand me. it were syntax, dialect, dyslex, spelling, paragraph structure, etc. my own immediate family cant understand me, when i speak. i got friends that do, even complete strangers.
there were alot of members, that said, i dont know what you are saying. how anyone does is a mystery to me anyway.
if it helps the site out, go for it. correcting me?? sometimes it takes me months, before i correct myself.
other than having the site run smoother, i dont know why a timer is needed.
i wernt having a problem, so to speak. i am working on stuff i got to learn
only 2 years roundabout, an i still gotta learn. imagine that.
i would like to correct my own mistakes.
so it goes
angle

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
^^7 times or so on last post^^

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
i'm not quite sure what is going on, but i clicked on a page, an everything was in Chinese. i cant read chinese.. i got to delete all catch, 1st, an try to do what i can, besides cookies an such. i wish i had took a picture, but had to stop ASAP. i got to finish cleaning up best i can.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
i'm not quite sure what is going on, but i clicked on a page, an everything was in Chinese. i cant read chinese.. i got to delete all catch, 1st, an try to do what i can, besides cookies an such. i wish i had took a picture, but had to stop ASAP. i got to finish cleaning up best i can.
things have changed since this post, except, for me. 30mins. will never be enough. 30days, is more like it.
ever heard the saying,"2 days behind, an light years ahead" . i kinda run 6mts. behind, an have just a brief moment of the light year thing.
so it go's

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Mods, thoughts? We all on board with 30?
ever heard of the show, "the first 48".. it involves missing persons, an means 48hrs. anyway,, 30 minutes helps me, though 48 hrs. would help me more.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
10 Participants
LedFTed
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing