Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently "impulse bought" a 1992 TRX300 4x4 that a neighbor had for sale on the front yard... I grew up riding a Big Red 200 around my grandparents farm. More than 30 years later, this seemed like something I could enjoy with my kids. It's in pretty decent shape and is all original. I think it needs some front shocks, has a bit of a sag to the right and nosedives pretty bad while braking or turning left. I quickly realized that front shocks are obsolete and not supported by the aftermarket. I've done a bunch of digging and I'm still not quite sure which route I will go. I don't really want to lift it. Here is a pic, it stayed clean for about 10 minutes... ;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a nice machine.
Aftermarket shocks are available and most come adjustable, you may be able to find some second hand from somebody who has replaced theirs. As for the nose diving, mine does it a little, my shocks aren't great but they aren't bad if that makes sense, it's mainly due to being permanent 4x4 I believe, having worn out shocks would make it a whole lot worse though.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
welcome to the forums. nice ride !.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Hi dibble welcome to the group! Nice looking 300, like those front and rear bumpers! Nice add on!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome from one Ontarian to another!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Hi: Big Welcome -- that bike in good shape for it's age.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts