Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New from east coast of Florida. I just bought a 1997 TRX 300 fourtrax 2x4, for my wife and sons to use in the pits during race season.
It made more sense than a pit bike, as it has racks we can use for the spares and tools.
My wife loves off-roading, and I have a heavily modified Land Rover Discovery II, but I figured having something small to play with, and run through narrow trails with would be fun as well.

Engine runs good, maybe even great, for its age. No smoking. Rear axle isn't even attached. Needs a differential, and all rear brake parts are missing. Hoping to rebuild rear axle assembly with all new parts; and put back together over a couple of months. Know I am going to need a lot of help from you guys.

· Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Sounds like quite a list to get done lol

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
welcome to the forums. you're in the right place for help to get her back in shape :).

· Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Welcome to the group, alloutdoors nailed that, lots 300 addicts here :D n do post some pics

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, just got it back to the shop. 5 hour round trip to pick it up. But for 300, I can handle it. I will post more pics later, but in the dark, this is what I could get clearly, lol.

Weirdest thing is the tires and wheels. Fronts are dunlops... 22x7x10, and the rears are Carlisles, 22x11x9.

I understand mismatched tires, but were the wheels on these different sizes from the factory?

Attachments

· Premium Member
5,641 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
DanielSL, I think that is pretty common, the wheels and tire size are different on a lot of these quads. I have a couple of 2013 ranchers and the front wheels are 8" wide rears are 10". So I put 25x8.00x12 on the front and 25x10.00x11 on rear. Pretty sure that it has to do with the brakes that are on this particular machine. disc in front drum in rear with a solid axle.

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And for the advice. That makes sense. Mine has the hydraulic drums on the front, so obviously the wheels would have to clear them. And the Inboard drum on the SRA, so it doesn't matter that the wheels are smaller.

Heres some pics of how I got it. Staying positive.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.